Chapter 9 pt.3

^This is Ekon^

Kane

I left Leah in the waiting room. I couldn't let her witness what I was about to do. 

I walked in, leaving all of my emotions at the doorway and blocking Leah from my mind. Ekon murmured through the link, but I ignored him as I stared at the creature.

He was a wolf, but the guard who captured him said he had a gift. A seeing gift.

He was seated on the ground, wrists and ankles chained to the wall with silver. I couldn't risk him shifting while we interrogated him. 

Blonde hair, matted with blood, dirt, and sweat, fell in his face. He blew at it with a grin. His eyes held nothing but knowledge in them.

"Why are you here?" I asked urgently, holding my fists back from punching the smirk off of his face. He smelt like a rogue. He looked like one. The urge to kill him rose higher and higher in my chest. 

He chuckled absently. "Not for you," he said, relaxing against the wall. 

Nika stepped forward, a low rumbling in his chest. The rogue stared up at him and then sighed in defeat. He cast his eyes away, staring at Ekon's shoes.

"I had to make sure someone made a decision," he said after a pause.

I motioned for my beta and delta to move back as I stepped forward. When my hands gripped his shoulders to raise him up, all the blood drained from his face.

"What powers do you have?" I growled out. 

"N-Now, don't do anything rash," the rogue stuttered. His eyes fogged over and then he sighed. His body went limp.

I shook him forcefully, drawing him out of whatever trance he put himself under. Then I snarled, loud and angry. Both Nika and Ekon placed their hands on my shoulders to hold me back.

They knew I didn't play with rogues.

"You have the gift of sight," I observed. He nodded his head and lowered his gaze. "Beta, you know what to do." I dropped the limp body and turned on my heels.

He begged with me, tried bowing at my feet, but I couldn't look at him. I could only see blood and murder and bodies. Rogues were disgusting.

Ekon hauled the wolf back and again pressed him against the wall. 

He was going to hurt him. Bad. Unlike me, he had no problem torturing others to get answers. He didn't mind killing a few rogues for fun. And though I despised their kind, I could never hurt or kill them without justified reasons.

When I walked out, I could hear his screaming. The blood-curdling, shiver-inducing scream that frightened the most courageous of people. 

I had to avoid Leah after that.

I felt her fear, sense how uneasy those screams made her. She was angry at me for allowing this to happen, while depressed and mournful for the rogue. 

I took two steps at a time going up. The speed at which I moved didn't compare to any other wolf. So when I got to the last step, I froze. In front of me was Katherine. She pressed herself comfortably against the wall, with her hands behind her back, and her legs crossed at the ankle. 

I evaded her gesture, trying hard not to show my disgust. It wasn't until I met Leah that I realized how clingy and desperate my wife actually was. 

When I successfully avoided her and rounded the corner so I couldn't see the hurt in her eyes, I linked my council for a meeting.