Christmas Bonus Chapter 2

Jaxon turned the key in the front door and pushed it open when he heard the familiar click letting him know it was open. He rubbed his eyes as he stepped in to the house and ran a hand over his four day stubble. His other hand held his briefcase and had his suit slung on his arm.

   He loosened his tie, more tired than he had been in a while. His whole body ached as he had been awake since the previous day having to rely on coffee to get him through the day. He was so glad the deal was over.

  Sometimes, every time he regretted the deal. Rebecca had been right. It had taken him that night yo realize just how much he had withdrawn from his family. His main purpose of working was to provide for him and his family and make them all happy but what was the point of the deal if he was drawing away from his family.

  He no longer kissed them goodnight cuz they were fast asleep before he came. Even Divine that had the habit of keeping Rebecca awake till late at night was always asleep when he came home. He could not remember the last time he had joined them in their morning prayers or the last time he had taken them out or any thing he usually did with them.

   He rolled his shoulders missing those nights when his wife  would always be there to massage those tense muscles away.

    He sighed as the smell of food filled the the air. He had not realized how hungry he was till this moment.

He walked quickly to the kitchen hoping to find his wife still there . Jaxon had not realized it would be this hard to stay away from his wife but if there was one person who was an expert in silent treatment.

  He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw her back as she did something he could not see in the kitchen.

He leaned on the door frame to watch her.

  She was dressed in her little red robe that stopped mid thigh and if he had to guess, she was wearing nothing but her undies underneath it. That did not help his situation one bit. Rather it had him coming up with different images of what she had underneath.

   Jaxon put a stop to his thoughts when he thought he heard her sniff. He was not sure so he listened again and sure enough there was another sniff from her. He confirmed the thought that she was crying when she dropped something and began to fan her face still sniffing and proceeded to wipe her face with the back of her hand.

  Without thinking twice he stepped into the kitchen and placing his hand on her shoulders, he turned her to face him and sure enough she had tears running down her face.

  He used his thumbs to wipe at her tears running his eyes over her body to try and find out why she was crying.

  "What's wrong?" He asked with worry lacing his voice.

She sniffed again." Nothing." She looked down.

  He shook her gently." Come on, tell me the truth, you can't cry because of nothing." Jaxon gulped as realization dawned on him." Is it because of me? "

  Rebecca looked up to his eyes stunned by the look of defeat and pain in them." What? No! I'm serious! It's not you, I was slicing these onions." She pointed to the chopped onions Jaxon was just taking notice of.

   "Oh." He kept his hands on her shoulders a few seconds more before finally dropping it and stuffing them in his pocket. They both looked around awkwardly for the first few seconds. Jaxon could not remember the last time there had been an awkward silence between him and his wife and he hated the silence.

  "I should finish preparing the food, why don't you go in and take a shower then come out, we need to talk." She said wiping at the few tears left.

Jaxon nodded and turned to go away.

It was high time they talked.

****

A/n, I decided to stop it here cuz if I continue I wouldn't update soon so the story still continues.

Are u enjoying the bonus chapters? Comment to tell me and to also tell me more bonus chapters u want to see or what u want to happen in the next chapter.

Want to know something? Do u know that u could vote offline? No? Well, check it to see if it works on this chapter😜!

Share this book with others pls, we're on our way to 150k reads, I can't believe this book wasn't up to 50k when I finished. God is wonderful 🙌

And add to ur reading lists too. Tnx to everyone who has added my bks to their R.Lists .

Don't forget to check out my dedications giveaway in my book " 12 Dates Of Christmas " u get five to seven chapter dedications for almost no effort on ur part.

I won't be regular on WP anymore as skul has started and I need to be serious with it.

God bless y'all 💋✌