Christmas Bonus Chapter 3

Pls guys, read d a/n at d end of dis chapter ✌.

  ****

  Jaxon watched as his wife's hands shook when she dropped his plate in front of him. Her nervousness showed brightly on her face. He kept on watching her as she went into the kitchen to bring the food.

   God knew he wanted to go in there and help her, like they normally did, but he wasn't sure how she'd react to that.

   Finally, she sat across from him and closed her eyes. After saying grace alone during dinner for the first time since they got married, he dug into the food, but what he was sure was one of her most delicious meals now held no appeal for him.

  All he wanted was for her to come sit on his lap so he could feed her and make love to her in front of the fireplace. He looked up to see her quickly look down pretending to eat. He smirked. It was obvious she had been staring at him.

   He couldn't wait for dinner to be over so they could make up and go back to how they were.

   "You don't like the food?" Her quiet voice  made him realise  he had been pushing his food around for quite some time.

    He sat back and stretched his legs, his whole body coming alike when his legs brushed her bare ones. His mind began to come up with images that had to do with her legs wrapped around his waist. He cleared his throat and shifted. " I love it but I've got a lot of things on my mind now."

She nodded as if she understood." Me too."

Jaxon nodded but he doubted what she had on her mind was the same as what he had had on his mind before she spoke.

  "I'm sorry." He finally said out loud. "I never realised I was hurting you because of the deal. It was never my intention to drift away from you and the children and now that the deal's over, I'll do my best to make up for it. "

    From the shocked look on her face , it was obvious she had not been expecting him to say that, but now it was out there and he really prayed to God that they settle this matter today. He did not want their first Christmas together to ever be like this with this huge gap between them both emotionally and physically.

    She suddenly dropped her gaze to her food and absent mindedly pushed it around once more. Jaxon frowned, was she not going to reply. Had he really hurt her that much?

    "I should be the one apologizing. I know you would never hurt your family on purpose and that you love me but I just can't help feeling scared and insecure whenever I see you with one of those high class ladies who have really made it in life and I'm just this woman with a bakery and men like you prefer women who understand what they are passing through at work and someone to help them out in making decisions concerning the business and I can't do any of that." She drew in a deep breath and cleared her throat, tears that threatening to pour making it hard to speak.

    "I know it's really stupid but lately it seems like some stupid trend for celebrities to divorce at any moment and I was really scared. I know I told you I'll always trust you after what happened to Tracy and I'm so sorry I did not trust you."

    She wiped tears that had started to pour." I'll be a better wife from now on and I'll trust you and whenever I have issues I'll talk to you calmly first and & and I'll support you in all your deals even though they are with men that have super hot models as daughters, pls forgive me?"

    Jaxon sat there stunned. Where had all that come from? She thought she was not a good wife? For crying out loud , she was the best women he had ever met and he never regretted marrying her?!