Chapter 33: Wow...

"Nope." I said, popping the 'p' and spinning around back towards the door.

"This way, sweetheart." Hunter's hand rested on the small of my back, moving me back towards the stage.

"I wanna leave, babe." I said emphasizing the last word.

"You're going to use that against me, aren't you?" He said covering his face with his hand.

"Mocking you wasn't against the deal."

"I'm pretty sure it's in the 'girlfriend-boyfriend' deal."

"Hmm... I don't think I got that page." I retorted.

"I'll give you mine ." His remarks were quick.

"I think you'll need it more than me." I stood on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek.

"Ouch," He lifted his hand to his chest, "I told you that in secret."

"What? That you're not used to me being your girlfriend so when I call you 'babe' it makes you blush? Or was it something else?" My finger rested on my chin.

Hunter growled and literally pushed me towards the stage, "Go. Audition."

"Make me." I spun around giving Hunter a challenging look.

"Most sexual line ever. Just go do your little dance, tap, sing thing."

"Someone needs to be educated in musicals I see."

"Someone needs to audition before I cancel the best date ever planned."

My eyes widened, "Okay! Okay! I'm going!"

Hunter laughed and sat in the middle of the theatre, whilst I ran up to a man sitting with his head in his hands at a table in front of the stage.

"Next." The word was muffled by his hands.

"I... Umm... Do I need to fill out any forms?"

The man, who I soon realized was my age, looked up and both our eyes widened in recognition.

"Emilia." He said.

"Theo." I said at the same time. "Oh my gosh! What are you doing here?"

He got up from his chair to give me a hug, "Well I'm looking for actors."

I laughed, "Obviously. But why... here?" I spun around, my arms stretched out, looking at the room.

I caught Hunter's eye and he lifted an eyebrow in question, so I waved him over. He hesitantly got up and made his way over to Theo and I.

"Theo. This is my boyfriend, Hunter." I pointed to each of them as I said their name.

Hunter nodded in greeting as he shook Theo's hand.

"You've sure gotten yourself an upgrade." Theo joked as he shook Hunter's hand.

"Gay." I said through a fake cough and Theo glared at me.

"So," Hunter cleared his throat, "how do you two know each other?"

"I see Emilia hasn't mentioned me. Thanks for that." Theo was looking much better than when I first walked in.

Hunter shook his head, "Not a single word. But I did meet that asshole, Jake."

"Ahhh. Real dick that one." Theo replied and Hunter laughed.

"Well I already like you more than I like him." Hunter smiled. He'd already forgotten his question of how we knew each other but I'm sure I'd see his jealous side later when I did.

"I would sure hope so. Don't know what Emilia saw in that guy?"

"I asked that question too."

Hunter and Theo were involved in their own private conversation.

"Hi. Yes, I'm still here and I'm starting to ask myself what I saw in either of you." I waved my hand between the two and Hunter laughed.

"She's here to audition." Hunter started

"I can speak by myself." I grumbled.

"Great! You can fill this form out for her," he passed Hunter a sheet, "and Emilia, you can go warm up."

"Don't mess up my form, babe." I teased Hunter and saw the slow blush creep up as I turned to walk onstage.

"You can start as soon as you're ready." Theo spoke to me from where he was sitting.

Hunter had taken a seat next to Theo at the table, filling out the form. My phone rested next to him to start playing my backtrack when I gave him a cue.

-

"Brilliant 'Melia!" Theo was standing and applauding, filling the empty room with an echo.

Hunter was staring at me wide eyed, the pen still in his hand and the form half filled in. I walked back towards the table where Theo was standing and Hunter was sitting and stood patiently in front of them.

"Should I fill out the rest of the form?" I asked Hunter amusedly who was just sitting there.

"I thought when you told me about the audition... I mean I knew you could sing... But..."

"Wow..." Theo finished off Hunter's thought.

I took a seat next to Hunter and he pulled me towards him, wrapping me in a hug.

"You know, there aren't any rules about exaggerating so you don't hurt your girlfriend's feelings."

"Why wasn't I told that?" Theo scoffed.

"Asshole." I mumbled and hit his arm.

"I'm not exaggerating, sweetheart. You were absolutely brilliant!" Hunter whispered to me. "How about that date?"

I jumped up and offered a hand to help Hunter up, which he accepted.

"It was good meeting you, Theo." Hunter shook his hand while his other arm was wrapped around me.

"Like wise. Now go enjoy that date and 'Milia, I'll let you know when auditions are over."

"Good luck, Theo. I hope your play's the best in the world." I was overjoyed, running on adrenaline from my performance and excitement for Hunter's date

"Call me bro!" Theo screamed to us as we approached the door.

"I don't have your number!" I called back.

"Not you, idiot. Me." Hunter tapped my backside and maneuvered me outside.

Please comment and vote xx