Extended Epilogue: Chapter 1

*2 years after epilogue*

"Hunter I want ice cream!" Cath screamed.

"Tell the big baby to stop screaming." Jude huffed and crossed his arms.

Hunter looked down at 8 year old Cath and 13 year old Jude, "Sorry kiddos, it's too late for - "

"I'm gonna be late if we don't leave now. Where's mom and dad?" Jude stared back up at Hunter.

"We're here sweetie. We'll take him to the school so that he can get into costume." Hunter's mom, June, looked between Hunter and I.

"You kids have a few hours to kill." John winked and clapped Hunter on the back.

"Geez dad, can you stop please? It's been how many years now?" Hunter groaned.

"Not enough, son." John laughed as he took Cath's hand and left their house.

"Ignore John. We'll see you two soon. Your family will be there too, right Em?"

"Yes ma'am. Mom, Paul, Skylar, dad, Jade, little Hannah." I smiled.

"Oh gosh no." Hunter mumbled.

I whipped my head towards him, "And why that now?"

"Huh?" Hunter looked up at me embarrassed.

"I'm watching you." I squinted my eyes and did the gesture with my fingers too.

"We're just going to buy Jude a gift and then we'll be at the school." I mentioned to June as she left incase she needed one of us.

"You ready?" Hunter looked down at me and took my hand in his.

"Always." I smiled back.

-

"Look at Jude!" My mom gushed. "The acting bug has definitely bitten him."

"Runs in the family." Hunter's dad joked.

"No one runs in the family, John." June laughed and smiled up at her husband, earning a scowl from him.

"And we sure don't act." Hunter joked which earned him a glare from his father as well.

"Well he sure was brilliant." Jade said as she stepped away from the phone showing the picture of Jude.

"How long till the 'man of the hour' is back?" Cath joked, which Hannah agreed with by high fiving her. The couple months age gap had brought the two very close.

"Hannah that's not very nice." My dad looked down at his youngest.

"Cath said it. Not me, daddy." She smiled innocently up at him and I could see the frustration disappear.

"Wrapped around her finer." Jade shook her head.

My mom laughed heartily, "Exact same as with this one." She gestured with a thumb towards me.

"And she has these two over here wrapped around her finger too." Hunter's mom pointed to Hunter and his dad.

I raised to hands in defense, "What can I say? I'm charming."

"No, you're a good babysitter." John countered.

"Hey!" I frowned.