Ch. 13

After my hair and makeup are done the whole team leaves. I look pretty, but that took far too long. Not worth it in my opinion. Truex tried to pretended to work on his computer, but I could feel him watching me the whole time. "Okay, I can't wait any longer show us the dress." Mya demands, jumping up and down.

He points to the closet. "Its hanging up."

She opens the closet and gasps. "Show me!" I yell, sitting on the bed propped against the headboard. She turns to me with a red strapless dress that has a sweetheart neckline.

"Thats so pretty." I remark, loving the dress.

Truex smiles, looking relieved. "I did good then?"

"You certainly did. I want to wear it somewhere." Mya drools, holding it against herself. "Where did you get it? I want one in my size."

"No idea. A store downtown." He answers, vaguely.

We leave at 6 o'clock and I feel fabulous in this dress. Truex cleans up well, but I'm not surprised. The limo pulls up to the event and I see guardrails and people, lots of people. Truex gets out and comes to my side opening the door. I let him help me out feeling the cold brisk weather pass through my dress.

Emma appears out of thin air and we follow her through the red carpet. We stop at certain spots to have our picture taken and at other areas Truex is asked questions. I remain by his side for the most part, but only because he won't let go of my hand. At a certain point Emma wants him to take a picture with some men that look like they could quite possibly eat me and still be hungry. He tells her no and pulls me with him. I tug on his hand refusing to be a part of his publicity stuff. Finally, I get my way and stand by Emma, she moves away to talk to a photographer and I shift uncomfortably, trying to move without being noticed to the far side of the curtains, out of the way. A tap on my shoulder has me turning to see Easton.

"Hey, I didn't know you'd be here!" I exclaim happily.

He looks at me suprised. "Mya mentioned that you didn't know anything about sports, but I didn't think it was this bad." He chuckles.

I shrug. "Its pretty bad."

"Come take pictures with me. I look like a loser."

"Why would I want to stand next to a loser?" I tease.

"Cute." He replies, pulling me with him.

We pose for some photographs and when we're done I follow him to a set of reporters. A man asks, "Why are you with Easton Butler and not Truex Marshall, whom you showed up with?"

"He doesn't pay me enough. Easton told me he'd double it." I answer, jokingly. "No, I'm kidding. I just felt sorry for Easton because no one said yes to coming with him." I whisper to him, sympathetically.

The man smiles widely. "That's so sad."

"I know, truly heartbreaking. Even his own mother said, no." I tell him, winking.

"Alright, you're having too much fun." Easton states, pulling me away.

Another reporter asks what he's doing with Truex Marshall's date and he brags, "I stole her from him!" And we move on. 

At the next interview we make up a story of falling madly in love and running away together. "Truex is gonna kick your ass for that one." I tell him, laughing.

"I'd be worth it." He smirks.

As we're walking I feel Truex grab my arm. No one but Truex would do that. "Busted!" I yell, "Run! Save yourself!" I yell, to Easton who starts so jog away but turns around grinning and laughing. I look up at Truex smiling. "We're in love, and we don't care who knows it!"