Ch. 43

We haven't told anyone about the pregnancy and I've dodged Mya all week because I'm afraid I'll tell her and Truex will get mad. He is adamant that we talk to the doctor and wait the suggested three months before telling anyone...Like I can wait that long, Mya will kill me.

    We pull up to the doctor office who apparently is very exclusive, judging by the security gate we had to check in at before passing. News of our marriage has picked up steam after Truex confirmed it in several interviews. Now, I can't go anywhere without someone giving me strange looks. The other day I turned on the t.v. to see myself at the ESPY awards, making a spectacle of myself. Easton and me talking to reporters still makes me laugh, no regrets there.

"Mya is going to kill us for not telling her." I point out. As I look at the speedometer, he is literally coasting through the parking garage. God forbid we have to make it up an incline, he might have to find the gas pedal.

"We'll see what the doctor suggests. Every book I've read says the safest period of time is after the first trimester."

"Safer for whom? Because Mya's going to leave a mark when she finds out in 10 to 12 weeks from now."

"She'll understand." He states, unconcerned.

I scoff, knowingly. "As long as you're there to take the abuse."

He shrugs and creeps into a parking spot and shuts off the car.

I close my eyes at his absurdity. "Finally! You know you're the worlds slowest driver under 30?" I ask, unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Just because I take the speed limit as law and not a suggestion, like someone we know." He states, looking over at me accusingly.

I nod. "I'll talk to Mya about her driving. I can tell you're very concerned." I reply, cheekily. Knowing full well he is referring to me, but refusing to acknowledge it.

I open the door and he's at my side quickly, taking my upper arm in his hand.

I stop myself from rolling my eyes, barely. "I can walk without assistance."

"You nearly fell this morning." He says, still angry over the almost accident.

"There was a bump in the rug and I caught myself." I point out.

"Never again." He grumbles.

"Well, yeah. Since you threw all the rugs out of the house. Drama queen." I mutter and start walking.

    I literally stumbled, it wasn't even a full trip and now all the innocent expensive hand woven rugs have been removed and placed in the garage. I'm sure I can sneak them back in at some point. However, the wrath of Truex will be intense and not be worth the lecture I'm sure to receive.

    Slowly...very slowly, we make our way to the building and to our doctors office. I sit down and Truex signs me in and takes the clipboard they need filled out. He hands it to me and I write in all the information they need, he takes it from me and walks it back to the receptionist. As we wait, I look at the table for a magazine. I smile when I see one with him on the front. I pick it up and hand it to him nonchalantly.

    He thanks me and opens it to skim the articles. I look around noticing a man and women across from us, they're eyeing Truex and the magazine cover. I bite my lip to keep from laughing. Knowing he'll find out who is gracing the front soon enough. I'm not disappointed within seconds and another turned page he realizes. He shuts the magazine and looks at the cover.

He turns to glare at me. "Not funny."

I laugh and shake my head in disagreement. "Is too." I correct, and nod towards the couple across from us.

He looks up, notices them and places the magazine on the table. "I'll get you for that." He warns, leaning down to whisper in my ear.

"Nothing interesting in that one?" I tease, loud enough for the couple to hear. I start shifting through the stack next to me. I hear the man chuckle and I glance back at a smirking Truex.

    We wait another 5 minutes and then we're called back to our room. The nurse takes my height, weight and blood pressure. In the room I answer more questions and they ask me to give them a urine sample so they can test for pregnancy as well. I go to the bathroom and leave the sample for them and walk back to the room.

"Here, put this on." Truex says, holding up a hospital gown. I walk towards him and he drops it on the bed.

"What?"

"You have to strip down." He smirks.

    I take off my shirt and bra then slide the gown on, my jeans and underwear are next. I sit on the loud crunchy paper and drape a white sheet they have sitting next to me across my lap.

I watch as Truex stands up and starts pacing, then sits down again. "Anxious?" I ask.

He nods. "Excited. The nurse said the doctor will be doing a transvaginal ultrasound."

"Oh, an ultrasound. Already?" I thought they only did those after the baby got bigger and cuter.

    A knock comes from the door and a smiling middle aged woman pokes her head in. "Hi, ready for me?" She asks, politely.

    I nod and she comes into the small room. She shakes my hand and introduces herself as Doctor Marie Clarke and turns to Truex to do the same. She goes over the information that I have given them and she congratulates me not having any morning sickness, apparently one of her patients had it so bad she was hospitalized recently.

"It says here, that you're not completely sure of the date of conception. So, I'll be doing a transvaginal ultrasound. Which is pelvic ultrasound using this wand." She states, holding up a skinny long white tube covered in a plastic bag.

"Just lay back, put your feet into the stirrups and we can take a look at your baby. I'll be able to measure growth as we see him or her on the screen." She explains. "Then we can pinpoint the date of conception to calculate the due date."

I do as instructed and she asks the nurse to turn off the lights as she rubs a clear liquid on to the ultrasound device.

"It will feel a little cold and odd." She warns.

I smirk. "No worries. I was way more intimated with his wand." I say, pointing to Truex, "than that little thing."

She laughs and Truex shakes his head, trying not to smile. "Do you always have to be inappropriate?" He asks, amused.

I shrug. "She started it." I say, as the wand starts to enter me.

"I started it?" Doctor Clarke chuckles.

"With the wand talk. Thats clearly a dildo." I tell her, causing the nurse to bust out laughing.

"Briar." Truex scolds, chuckling.

    Smiling the Doctor nods and concentrates on the black and white image projected onto the screen. She stops and moves the wand to where she wants it. I try to make out the baby and then I see it. I realize I'm crying until my vision blears and Truex wipes at my face.

Please, let me know of any mistakes. It really does help me out a lot. The Trading Game is next...look for back to back updates today or tomorrow on that one. Once again, I have to update it multiple times to get it in the same spot as Saving Charlie. Thanks! XO