Molly

Chapter 15

Warmth encased her body, making her sigh in relief. She rolled over on her side, frowning at the sloshing noise she made as she did so. Throwing the world to the back of her mind, she reveled in the safety she felt. Never, had she felt this good, felt this cared for. She wiggled into a better spot as the arms around her tightened.

The relaxing sensation flew from her body as her eyes jerked open. She glanced down, looking at the offending appendages that kept her in place before looking around her with a frown. She was in a bathtub?

"Yeah," a deep voice said from above. Snapping her head up, her snout hit the man in the chin causing him to wince. "I didn't know how much water you'd need after being hit by a car."

She blinked up at him, trying to talk, but only making that annoying yipping sound. With frustration, she snapped her mouth shut. The hand that had been rubbing against her back stopped, and only then did she realize he was what was making her feel safe. With a sigh, he glanced towards the bathroom door. "You can come in. She hasn't shifted back yet."

The door popped open and a woman stepped into the bathroom. Molly's hackles rose as she made a threatening noise, not that it sounded threatening at all. The man holding her chuckled as Molly studied the woman. Her hair was that light grey color everyone had been dyeing their hair lately, but Molly knew that this woman didn't wear dye. Which meant she was most likely a shifter, what kind, Molly had no clue.

"Try to sniff her out," the man mumbled. "It might help you figure out what she is."

"I don't need to sniff her, Barron, I know what she is."

Barron's arms tightened protectively. "I won't let you do anything to her, Bryn."

"What the hell?" a different female voice as she pushed her way into the bathroom. The woman dragged her eyes over the two of them before pausing where Barron had his arms around Molly. With her eyes narrowed, she snapped her gaze to Barron. "Who is she?"

Barron banged his head against the cheap linoleum on the wall. "How am I supposed to figure that out when the two of you won't leave us alone long enough for me to help her shift back?"

"I'm not leaving you alone with her," the new woman said, her multicolored hair flinging around her head as she shook it.

Bryn glared at the woman beside her before sending a questioning look towards the man still holding Molly. She could feel some silent force pass between the two of them before Bryn grabbed the other woman's arm. "Come on, Sara. Let's go grab some cheeseburgers. The girl's going to need them when she shifts back."

When Sara didn't move an inch, Barron growled. "Sara, just go."

Something flashed in the woman's eyes that looked like hurt before she pivoted on her heel. Bryn stood there, watching as she left. "You're going to have a problem with that one, little bro."

"No, I won't," he said. "We knew from the start that we weren't right for one another. I always knew it." He paused. "You don't need to be so hard on her, Bryn. She's been through a lot."

Bryn's eyes glowed brighter. "Don't forget, I saw it, Barron, and that woman doesn't deserve sympathy. She deserves only to make up for her mistakes by helping us find everyone we're looking for. Once she's done that, she can return to her mountain and leave us in our woods."

With those words, the grey-haired woman darted from the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind her. Sighing, Barron turned Molly until she was looking at him. She rose her eyebrows at the jeans and long sleeved shirt he was wearing. He grinned and then frowned as if the first emotion wasn't meant to happen. "I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable when you woke up. Were you wearing clothing before you shifted?"