Seventeen

Happy Valentines Day! :) 

Chapter Seventeen

Dominic 

 The first thing I did was get Caroline out of her clothes and into some pajamas. I even found a pair of fuzzy socks. After she gave in to my demands, she wouldn't look at me. She was embarrassed by being even slightly needy, and also that I was able to wear her down and make her comply.

Caroline wasn't by any means weak, but she was weakening. Anyone close to her could see that. A large part of it was due to the blowout her and Alfie had, but she was also so out of her element here. It was obvious from day one she was scared. And living in that fear is so tiring. Then add onto it the nightmare she had? Caroline needed a day of doing nothing and letting me be in control.

"Are you gonna hold this against me later?" she asked once I finished tucking her into the bed.

I gave her a soft kiss again, this time lingering in hopes that she would kiss me back. She didn't, but I felt like there was more there each time I tried. "Of course not, kitten." God, she was cute. When Caroline wasn't storming around the house being the stubborn girl she is, she was adorable. With big, innocent eyes and pouty lips. I didn't like making her upset or nervous, but it made her look like a lost kitten.

Especially bundled up in a sweatshirt of mine that was way too big for her. "Since you never ate breakfast, I'm going to have some of the waffles brought up here for you to eat while we watch a movie. How does that sound?"

"Do I have a choice?" Caroline quizzed.

With a chuckle, I shook my head. "Not really." Her pout exaggerated to the point where all I wanted to do was kiss her until it was gone. And chew on that plump bottom lip. "What movie do you want to watch?" I asked her, to which she shrugged carelessly. Of course, I knew what her favorite movie was. It was an important piece of information I had gotten from Alfie before everything went down between them. Grease, apparently. Which was completely unexpected for me.

All I had to do was press power on my television, as i had already queued up the move. When Caroline realized what it was, her cheeks got red. "How did you know?"

"I have my ways of getting information," I said vaguely. "You stay here, I'll be right back."

Ordering the pancakes took all of two seconds, but I also had to make a reservation for dinner tonight. I wanted to treat my girl to a real date. One where there would be no pressure of being in front of other Shifters. I contacted a fancy Asian kitchen and asked for a private booth. After some convincing and some bribing, I was able to get the reservation completed. By the time I finished, the chef was arriving with a tray of breakfast foods.

"Thank you, my friend," I told him as I could it from him. "Take the rest of the day off, alright? And could you request that everyone leave the house for the day as well? Thank you."

Caroline's eyes brightened when I walked in. But not at me, at the massive piles of food I was about to present her with. "Is all that for me?" she asked, amazed.

"Everything that you either don't like or don't finish, I'll have," I said, placing it on her lap and plopping down beside her, scurrying under the covers. The movie was already onto the part where Sandy realizes she knows Danny.

Caroline, once she got her food situated, became lost in the movie. And I became lost in Caroline. Her little feet bounced and wiggled to the beat of each song and every once in a while, she would mouth the dialogue of a character.