TWO.

TWO ; RETURN

TWO ; RETURN.

QUINN WAS UNABLE to think correctly as she stood inside of the elevator, awaiting to arrive at the floor of her apartment. Her finger tapped against her leg, the familiar one-two-one pattern creating a soft rhythm.

The Horsemen were back, that much she knew. But, the number of people in the group, who they were, and when they would reappear; that was a different story. The uncertainty of the situation at hand made Quinn uneasy.

The elevator doors parted, revealing the hallway of her floor. Her steps were slower than usual, her mind racing with thoughts of the Horsemen and what was to happen when the BAU arrived in London. How would they react? Would they hate her? Would they understand?

The team had lived this before. The return of Emily Prentiss had taken a toll on the entire team. Emily had told Quinn about the aftermath of her revival. How they had taken it, what they had done. She wasn't sure how they would react to it occurring a second time.

"Quinn?" She dropped her keys as she flinched, startled by the voice behind her. "Woah, woah. Sorry," he apologized, eyebrows furrowed in concern as he watched her.

"Connor," she breathed. "Jesus, you scared me. What are you doing?"

"I, uh, heard you coming in," he answered, voice quizzical. "You left your wallet at my apartment last night. Thought you might need it."

"You would be correct," she said, laughing softly as she took the wallet from him.

His eyes never left her face, searching for the answer to his unspoken question. "Are you okay?"

Quinn slumped her shoulders as her door unlocked. She bit the inside of her cheek as she turned to Connor, shaking her head. She swallowed harshly. "No," she responded. "Not really." Connor tilted his head to the side, brow scrunching together once more. "They're back," she said. "He's back."

His eyes widened, disbelief written across his features. Connor seemed taken back by the news, and Quinn could see him attempting to process it. "As in-"

"The Horsemen?" she finished, unable to hold his stare. "Yeah. They're back."

Connor's expression dropped, worry taking place of the confusion. "Christ, Quinn," he whispered, pulling her into his chest, wrapping his arms around her. She closed her eyes, returning the hug, letting herself relax for a moment.

Connor Mallory had been introduced to Quinn Carson days after she had moved into her apartment. Connor, an IT expert at Interpol, had recognized Quinn immediately (despise her changed appearance) after seeing her face run over his screen so many times. The two quickly became friendly, Quinn slowly and hesitantly realizing that Connor was someone that she could trust. Trust was a hard concept for Quinn to grasp after Kyle Masters, but Connor had proven himself time after time.