SIX.

SIX ; TRUTH

SIX ; TRUTH.

SHE COULDN'T BREATHE.

Her heart beat in an unsteady rhythm, breath catching in her throat when she tried to exhale. She felt Spencer's eyes on her every minute, as he awaited some sort of break in her composure, ready to catch the pieces as they shattered.

Quinn was frozen. They knew that she was alive. How? Was there someone watching her? Was there a mole? Did the Horsemen know all along? Did they know where she was?

She stiffened, feeling Spencer's eyes on her once more. Had they known all of this time? That terrified her most. The idea of her living on her own and being watched, without the slightest idea of it occurring. Quinn didn't like being clueless. She despised not knowing.

When the two arrived to the Interpol conference room, all eyes landed on Quinn. She scanned the room, meeting the gazes of her former and present teammates. She was taken back by the presence of Jude Atlas, the head of the London Interpol branch, who stood beside Emily, eyes full of a sympathy that she knew well. Her stomach churned. He only assisted during emergencies.

Atlas made his way toward Quinn, stretching out his hand for her to shake. She broke herself out of her stoic state, breaking through the fear as she looked her boss. She shook his hand, nodding softly. "Quinn," he greeted, tone somber. Quinn couldn't bring herself to do the same. Atlas understood. "We just received-"

"How do they know?" she asked, voice breaking on her last word. Atlas sighed. "How did you find out?"

"Email," replied Atlas. "They sent me a message, telling me that they knew that you were alive." His eyes shifted to Spencer's. "It was written in Horsemen code, but fortunately enough, Reid here had broken the code down a little less than two years ago. We were able to translate it."

Quinn turned to Spencer, subtle look of surprise spreading across her face. She saw his cheeks tint pink, shrugging slightly. "I had a bit of free time," he admitted quietly, sounding almost shy. "I used the emails Lawrence sent from prison."

She shook her head incredulously, fighting a grin that threatened to appear. She turned back to Atlas. "How long have they known?"

"They didn't say," he answered, a frown pulling at his lips. "All we know is that they're aware of you. Penelope Garcia is working with our tech staff to see if they can track the location of where they sent the email from."

Quinn shook her head. "They're not going to find anything," she said. "If I know-" She suddenly shut her mouth, silencing the words that used to come natural to her. She didn't know him. He had tricked her. Everything he had said was a lie. He knew everything about her, and she knew nothing about him. "Masters wouldn't leave himself that vulnerable. He's always untraceable."