TEN.

so wattpad deleted a more than half my writing when i first attempted to publish this. still kind of pissed but i finally got around to rewriting it. hope you enjoy!

 hope you enjoy!

TEN ; CHANGE.

IT WAS A knock on her door that took Quinn out of her trance.

She blinked twice, eyes darting from her phone to the door. Her brow furrowed, confused as to who it could be. Connor consistantly got to work early, and Baldwin wouldn't travel from her flat to Quinn's unless absolutely neccessary. Quinn neared the door, suspecting someone from the BAU team on the other end.

Her suspicions were confirmed as she locked eyes with Spencer Reid.

She tilted her head to the left, eyes narrowing slightly as she looked at him in question. His hair made him look like he had just rolled out of bed. Quinn could tell that he had been pulling at it, most likely in stress. His fingers were woven together, right hand quickly leaving his left as Quinn opened the door, offering a small and shy wave. He gave a kind smile, expression soon contorting into a more serious and affirmative look, contrasting his body language.

"Hi," he greeted, voice soft. Quinn returned the grin, stance relaxing. "Can I come in?"

Quinn nodded, stepping to the side and letting him walk through. "I'm just getting ready to leave for work," she said, walking toward her counter space and placing her phone charger into her bag's pocket. He nodded, following her to the kitchen and leaning against the doorway. Quinn glanced up at him and sighed. "I'm guessing you heard about Higgins."

Spencer nodded, a look of pity washing over him. "How'd you know?"

"The way you're looking at me," she replied, shrugging. "I'm fine. It was more informative than anything." Quinn shook her head. "It's like all of Masters' clues are being handed to me. Maybe I should just sit back and wait for him deliver each one on a silver platter," she joked. The genius didn't laugh. Quinn frowned in return, crossing her arms over her chest. "Is everything okay? You're not smiling as much as when I saw you last."

Spencer frowned, gaze flicking toward the floor. There was a beat of silence before he swallowed harshly and let out a heavy sigh. "A lot has changed since you saw me last, Quinn," he replied, his answer taking Quinn by surprise. She tilted her head, face contorting into confusion. "Two years is a long time. It would have been a miracle if I hadn't changed somehow."

She swallowed harshly, his confession hitting her harder than she had anticipated. "Spencer—"

He stepped toward her, continuing as if he hadn't heard her. "I'm not as happy as I once was. Between this job, what happened with the Horsemen and the complications with my mother, I couldn't keep up with everything," he admitted, inching closer to Quinn. "I couldn't stay the same."