THIRTEEN.

THIRTEEN ; DISTANCE

THIRTEEN ; DISTANCE.
(you're not on drugs. i did update. it's a miracle. please read the author's note at the end. also. this isn't edited. that hasn't changed since you last saw me. enjoy!)

CONNOR MALLORY'S LEG had been bouncing up and down for nine minutes and twenty-four seconds straight. Spencer Reid was nearly positive that it wasn't because of the case before them.

His eyes flicked from the screen on the wall, to Connor's face, to his leg. Spencer's lips pulled to the side as he narrowed his eyes. Before anyone could notice, he looked away from him to stare at the table in front of him.

Something was off. Something had felt off to him since he had entered the room. He wasn't sure if anyone had noticed.

When he glanced up to look at Quinn, he found that her gaze was on Connor as well. Her eyes then met his and Spencer knew that she had seen it too. It shouldn't have been a surprise. She saw most things.

It was Jude Atlas placing his mug on the table that snapped the two back into reality. Atlas was looking at them, expression resembling something like skepticism. Quinn knew that there would be some sort of talk after this.

Quinn knew a lot of things. She knew that these kids, wherever they were, were not safe. She knew that people around her were not safe. She knew that she, herself, was not safe. Not as long as The Horsemen were still out there. But that wasn't anything that she wasn't used to.

She also knew Connor. She knew him well and she knew that when he had something on his mind, he was on edge until he was able to spit it out to somebody. The fact that he hadn't shared it with her yet was enough to make her worry.

She shook her head, taking herself out of her thoughts for the second time. She couldn't focus on that right now. That wasn't the top priority. The top priority was finding wherever the hell these kids were and getting them out of the situation they were in because of her.

"Carson." Morgan tapped her arm, and Quinn sighed to find Atlas looking at her incredulously. "Can you repeat what I just said?"

Quinn swallowed, scratching the inside of her arm. "No, sir."

"Where is your head today?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I was just thinking."

He raised a brow. "Care to tell us what about?"

"No," Quinn said, not looking him in the eye. "Sir."

"Well, you should be thinking about this." Atlas pointed to the screen behind him showing the feed. "Because Scotland Yard has opened this case to us." He gave Quinn a fake smile. "That's what I just said."