The Dining's Encounters

Once the car arrived at the designated building, Lowell stopped the car and went out of the car to open the car door for (f/n). She looked back to Edgar to see him give her a reassuring nod and a small smile. After she returned the smile, she thanked Lowell and stepped out of the car. As she did so, she saw a dark blue four-door car pull up.

Recognizing it as the one from the house's garage, she knew who would be inside. She put on her fake smile, as she saw Edgar's brother step out of the simple car. He smiled, upon catching sight of her, before he closed the car door behind him and came over to her. Lowell, on the other hand, closed the right-hand passenger car door and went to retrieve the doll out of the back.

"You look beautiful, (f/n). My brother certainly went out of his way to make you stand out tonight," he complimented, as he put his hands in the front pockets of his black dress pants. A mustard yellow dress shirt and black tuxedo jacket went over his torso, while his light blonde hair hung loosely like always. Adding to the look, he wore black dress shoes and a simple black tie.

"Thank you," she merely responded, as Lowell unloaded the covered doll and handed it over to her. She took it from him and held it in her hands bridal style, while Lowell headed back into the car and drove off with Edgar.

(F/n) found herself wanting to run after the car, so that she wouldn't be left with Frederic and a room full of strangers. Once the car disappeared out of sight, she looked back over to the male beside her, who stated that they should head inside. Reluctantly agreeing, she followed him into the building and into the elevator after having walked across the ground floor lobby.

When the elevator went higher and higher, she hugged the covered doll closer to her, as she could feel her nervousness increasing. Even though Edgar wasn't there with her, he did make the doll in her hands, and it did bring her some comfort. Still, with the doll's reveal being so close now, she wished that she could have stayed at the house. It was an honor to have the doll inspired after her, but she didn't want a lot of strangers staring at her as the doll was introduced or as Frederic announced his plan. Maybe, they wouldn't look at her, but with the way that Edgar had her dressed up, she somewhat doubted that. Then again, there could be other women there who were wearing extravagant clothes as well, so she might blend in some.

So, when the elevator stopped, and the doors opened, she held the doll even closer. She stepped out with Frederic and was greeted with an empty hallway that ended with windows about fifty feet tall. Solid walnut wood flooring spanned across the path, and spheres, in hues of copper, beige and gold, hung from the ceiling in a clustered geometric shape. Despite the lack of people in the hallway, she could hear conversation up ahead, since there was a stairway a little ways down the hallway on the right-hand side.

Both their shoes clicked against the ground, as they walked down the hallway and towards the growing volume of individuals' voices. She couldn't make out the any of the various conversations, but she could tell that there were many. Just how many people showed up to the auction of this doll? Perhaps, there were more people than usual because of Frederic's announcement.

Reaching the stairs, she stood at the top of them with Frederic and glanced out over the restaurant seating below. The solid walnut wood stairs led down into the main part of the dining area, where the large windows continued down the left-hand wall. A massive gas fireplace rested to the left side of the staircase, and countless sets of round tables, with four accompanying chairs at each, were scattered over the space. In front of the fireplace, however, was one long rectangular table, which seated at least twenty people. Lights, identical to the spheres in the hallway, illuminated the huge section of the restaurant. Granted, the lights were now positioned in a more chandelier design rather than a geometric one.