N I N E T E E N

CHAPTER 19

CLAIRE

"Just take a deep breath, baby," I hear his voice faintly as I stare up at the ceiling, ready for whatever he is about to do to me.

"I love you," He whispers against my ear. He makes himself visible, putting his head over mine, shading the intense light. His brown eyes glare into mine, and I feel my heart race. Wow, they are beautiful.

"I love you too." The words fall out of my mouth before I even realized I opened it. A feeling of bliss pulses through my body as I feel the sharp sting on my left arm. I try to look over to see what it is--but I can't turn my head.

In fact, I can't move my feet either... my arms, torso, neck... I can't move anything!

"Let me go!" I scream at the top of my lungs as he smiles cruelly, his teeth flashing. He puts his finger on my lips, and his touch makes my body freeze. His hand travels to my cheek, and he leans down to kiss me.

"Stop, stop, stop!" I scream again, and he disappears, the blinding light remaining. My scream of terror continues as the setting changes, from a worn down office to a... bedroom.

I feel my body being held by two arms on either side, and it takes a while for me to realize where I am.

"Claire! You're safe!" I hear his strained voice trying to being louder than me, and I look over my shoulder to see Michael with a panicked look on his face.

The door bursts open and Harry walks in, wearing a robe. His eyes frenzied with worry, his lips trembling, as his mouth drop open when he sees me. He gets over to me, and with one fast motion, he sits down in front of my in the bed and holds my face on either side. I become completely still. I feel the muscles in my neck unclench as his eyes bury deep into mine.

"Harry," I breathe and he offers a small smile when he sees me gradually falling back into reality.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his thumb stroking my inner cheek, just next to my nose. I slowly nod as my breathing calms.

"I had a bad dream.. I think," I utter, confused as ever. What did I dream? Only thing I remember is...

"Jet black hair and a bright light," I say, even though no one ask.

"Oh my god," I hear Michael gasp behind me, still holding me tightly. Harry's eyes shift, their gentle gleam disappears in an instant and is replaced my rage. His hand shakes on top of my cheeks, so he puts them away, and gets off the bed.

"What? What's wrong?" I ask, looking at Harry then back at Michael. Why is that a big deal?

"Zayn," Michael breathes, looking at Harry.

Oh. Zayn Malik was the one abducted me.

"Are you okay?" Harry asks again, and I nod. I'm alright, I don't even remember who Zayn is or what he looks like... or what he did to me.

"Yes, I'm alright, I just had a bad dream," I assure him, and he nods heavily with a deep inhale. I see his palm clench into a fist, as his brows lower. Wow, just the mention of his name makes him enraged.

"I'm going to head to the police station, to see how far they are in catching him," Harry decides, nodding to himself. I see the slouch in his back, the constant soreness of his eyes... He really is in bad shape. Is it because of me?

"Don't leave the apartment," He says, looking over at Michael. I feel Michael nod, and Harry gets to the closet at the other side of the room, picking out a few items of clothing. He gives me a final glance before leaving the room, a weak smile on his face.