F O U R T Y S I X

CHAPTER 46

HARRY

Adrenaline shoots through me as I see it clear as day, in the darkness. A flickering, glimmering, bright flame in the window.

"There's someone in there! Are you sure that's the house?!" Niall shouts, nearly hopping in his seat. I'm unable to answer, as I stare at the light, squinting to see beyond it. But I don't see anything.

"Yes, yes! That's the house!" I assure loudly, trying to lean forward, but my seatbelt pulls me back.

It's about 200 meters away I would say, and my phone buzzes in my pocket, and I pull it out to see a text from Yang.

*I got the location!*

With the text, is an attached photo, a blue dot pinned in the center of the blue circle. I reassure myself by comparing it to the location of the house right ahead, and... It's the house.

Claire is in there!

"Niall, I know I told you to slow down before, but Claire is in there! Step on it!" I shout, already taking off my seatbelt.

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Niall almost kicks the pedal, pushing down with all his might.

I gasp when the light goes out. The gleaming flame gets quenched as a hand swings it away from the window, making my heart jump. Right before the figure steps away from the window, I see his face.

Zayn.

His chiseled jaw makes my palm twitch, every molecule in my body hellbent on killing him. I want him dead. I'm gonna end him.

Niall doesn't know I have it in my pocket. Yang never asked for it back, I guess she forgot about the time she gave it to me. And frankly, I'm glad she did.

The cold steel brushes against my fingers as I dig my hand into the pocket of my coat. I put my finger through the hole of the trigger, and I clench around the handle. I'm gonna pull this trigger tonight.

I reckon it's about a minute till we're there, the road is too cumbersome to drive over 80. As we get closer, I see a black van in the driveway leading up to the house. This is really it.

Time slows down.

My aching chest, hurting feet and weak soul are starting to heal just by the thought of Claire being alright. I went through this pain for a reason, and its for Claire to be happy in the end.

I want her to love me. I want her to want me. I want her to need me. But most of all, I want Claire to find happiness. Wherever, and whoever with.

We park on the gravel, and within seconds, we are at the front door, quietly opening the dilapidated door.

I'm here, Claire.

I'm here for you.

•