T H I R T Y O N E

CHAPTER 31

HARRY

Ok, I can't keep her in the apartment any longer. Every limb in my body fails when I think of her out in the open, but my feelings don't matter anymore.

She compared me to Zayn, and even though I don't think I deserve that, I can understand how she would think that. She doesn't remember her time with Zayn, or her time with me. All she has to base her opinions are what she has heard about us. And when I heard her compare us, I realized how hard this is for her. I thought it would be easy for her to just stay in the apartment, because she rarely did when we were living here before the abduction. But she isn't that person anymore.

As the hot steaming water pours down on my body, I am yet to feel clean. I slick my hair back, my head facing the ground. The strands of hair soon falls down over my face again, reaching my shoulders. She liked my long hair, so I grew it out.

I have made up my mind. Once I get out of the shower, I'm knocking on her door and taking her out anywhere she'd like. Anything to put a smile on her face, it has been gone for too long.

But I'm having the bodyguards come with, I am not ready to completely give up on the security measures. I pat my body down with a towel, staring in the steamy mirror. I spray some cologne on me, and wrap the towel around my hips.

I moved my clothes into a closet in a storage room, so I get dressed there, anxious to tell Claire that we are going out. I walk to the bedroom door and I'm about to knock before I see a post it on it. And the only words written are;

she is safe -Michael

A couple of seconds go by when I'm just confused, before I realize what this must mean. So I kick open the bedroom door, and it confirms my erring fear.

She is gone.

CLAIRE

"Oh my... Niall!" I squeal, his blue eyes accompanied with his beautiful blonde hair. I lean in and give him a hug, and his warm chest presses against mine. Something about his scent is familiar--and comforting. I see two men further in the van, sitting upright and looking straight ahead. Body guards.

"Hey, did we scare ya?" He laughs, and I feel his voice vibrating against my neck.

"Sorta, but you guys... I don't think we should leave Harry like this, he'll get crazy worried," I say, reminding myself of how he reacted the last time I left without warning.

"Don't worry Claire, he knows your safe. I made sure of it," Michael says proudly, his chin nodding upwards. I look back at Niall, and he smiles lightly, his brows raising, like he's inviting me to break the law, which is what it feels like we are doing. And something about Niall's smile makes me trust that this, right now, is what I should be doing.

"Let's go then." I nod, and Niall knocks on the wall into the drivers seat. The car starts driving, and my heartbeat accelerates. As the apartments building leaves our sight, I can't help but remain with a feeling of guilt, but I decide to brush it off. At least for today, I can worry about how Harry will react tomorrow.

"Ok, so first stop, Empire State Building!" Michael clasps his hands together, and Niall laughs.

"Then after that, we're getting lunch, then we're seeing a play on broadway, then after... you'll have to wait and see." Michael announces mysteriously, and I feel a warm tingling feeling in my chest. I look over at Niall and somehow I believe that he knows what I'm thinking.