20. Can't Believe How Far We've Come

{Song- Gold by Sleeping with Sirens}

(LAST CHAPTER!!! I'm already working on a Fuenciado; gird your loins!)

-Vic's POV-

After Kellin had called me up and told me everything that happened, I started crying. I was still crying when I went to his house and found him with his mother, starting to pack his things up. We hugged for a long, long time.

My emotions were so confused, mostly because I couldn't decide on being heartbroken that his father doing that to him had to be the point at which he left, and being insanely happy that he was leaving. With his mom.

They would be safe, and I still got him to myself.

Right now I'm sitting on Kellin's bed watching him throw clothes into a suitcase and sort through all the random shit laying around his room. He was never one for tidiness.

"What side of town are going to be on?" I ask, swinging my legs back and forth.

Kellin pauses what he's doing and sighs a bit. "I'm not entirely sure. Mom said it was going to be close to her workplace, but that's also right in the middle of town so it doesn't really tell me anything."

I shrug. "Well you'll figure it out eventually."

"True." He runs a hand through his hair. "I'm scared Vic."

I look at him, eyebrows pulling in. "Why?"

"I don't know what's going to happen. Like, I really, really hope that things are going to be better, but... there's all that uncertainty. I don't like change."

I jump off the bed so I sit down on the floor in front of him where he's sitting. He looks at me with those beautiful, timeless eyes, showing me the vulnerability that I saw so rarely. "Listen, Kells," I say gently. "I get it. You know I do. But it's going to be so much better, I promise. We'll still see each other all the time and you and your mom will be safe. Besides, no matter what happens, you know I'll always be here. No matter what changes, I'm not leaving. Okay?"

Kellin stares at me for a few moments, something sparking behind his eyes. A second later, he leans in and pushes his lips against mine, kissing me quickly.

I lean further into him, wanting to feel every part of him.

"We're gonna be okay."

----

The semester comes to end, followed by winter break. Kellin and his mom move into their new house, which turns out to be only about ten minutes from mine. I get myself into weekly therapy and I'm put on antidepressants. Even after a long while of not being able to find a reliable one, it's finally starting to work.

Our families spend Christmas together, Kellin and I getting plenty of awes as we continue our apparently "cute" relationship. We kiss at New Years, causing an endless amount of jokes and teasing later on.

Kellin and I graduate in the spring. I couldn't even believe I made it, (it wasn't surprising for Kellin; he's borderline genius) I for one had struggled all year long with my school. Yet, somehow, here we are.

Kellin, of course, has been accepted into all the colleges he's applied to. Both of us had applied to San Diego University. Kellin got his acceptance letter already, and I was waiting to see if I was going to get it. Currently, I'm freaking out over the plain white envelope that's sitting on the kitchen table of my house right in front me.

"Vic, it'll be fine," Kellin's soothing voice tells me from across the table.

"No it won't" I squeak, voice getting higher and faster. "I'm not gonna get in and we're gonna have to go to different schools and we'll never see each other and we'll drift apart and-"