Chapter 1

My name, is Collin. Collin Dashly. I'm 18 years old. I have long-ish dark blonde hair, but I plan on cutting it and dying it black soon. I'm four foot nine. I have hazel eyes hidden behind round Harry Potter glasses. I live in Belleville New Jersey with my Uncle Phill. He works for eyeball records.

I'm actually in the building right now because he wants me to meet someone. I was sitting in the lobby when this guy walked by. He had shaggy/choppy black hair, smudged eyeliner, hazel eyes, wore a leather jacket, a Motörhead shirt, blue jeans with holes and boots.

He looked over at me with a smirk and scoffed. "Did not realize it was bring your daughter to work day." He said to himself, but I still heard him. "Um, i-it's not. I-I'm here with my uncle." I said shyly. That's always been my weakness. I was too shy and got anxiety when I'm forced to be social.

"Ah, I see. He couldn't find a babysitter!" I could hear the smirk on his voice. I looked up at him and glared. "Uh, no! He called me in! And for the record I'm old enough to look after myself!" I barked. The guy laughed and scratched the top of my head. "I'm sure you are squirt!" He teased.

I smacked his hand away. "I'm 18!" I sneered. He put his hands up by his head. "Whatever kid!" He sassed. I stood up from my chair. But he sized me up by towering over me. "Jackass! I'm not a kid! My graduation ceremony is this Thursday!" I barked.

He bent down leaning his hands on his knees so that he was eye level with me. How fucking DARE he! "Watch your mouth kid! Little girls shouldn't swear! And second, congrats! Are you graduating from kindergarten?" He said. I clenched my teeth and fists as tears glossed over my eyes.

The guy's cocky expression changed to a slight look of regret. "Whoa hey, I was only- AH FUCK!" I interrupted him by punching him in the balls before running off. I ran and hid in a small broom closet and let the tears come down. My entire life I've been treated like some stupid child!

No body ever took me seriously. The only person who was actually ever took me seriously was my uncle, but I've only been with him for 10 months and once in a while he'll treat me different. Thank god I'm graduating in four days. I won't ever have to see those ass wipes at school ever again!

I finished my pathetic little crying fit, wiped away my tears and left the broom closet. "COLLIN!" I heard an all too familiar voice call. I turn around and look up at my uncle. "Hey Uncle Phill." I greeted, hiding my red and puffy eyes under my bangs that swoop to my left.

"I've been looking all over for you! What were you doing in that closet?" He scolded. "I'm sorry! I was just-" "It doesn't matter! They're here! The people I want you to meet are here!" He interrupted. He grabbed my wrist and started dragging me down the hallway.

He dragged me into his large office where I saw my guitar sitting in the corner. So that's where my guitar went! On the other side of the room were five men. All were dressed similar. One with way too much hair spray and glasses, one with really poofy hair, one with really short black hair, one with short blackish hair, and finally one with shaggy/choppy black hair.

The one who was harassing me in the lobby... he sat holding an ice pack to his crotch. He looked up at me with a sullen look. "What's he doing here?!" I whisper yelled to my uncle. The guy looked down then back up at me. "Look girl, I was only messing with you, ok?

I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm sorry..." He apologized. I sighed and looked down. "I-it's alright. I-I shouldn't have overreacted. S-sorry a-about punching you i-in the nads...." I said shyly, but loud enough for him to hear. "Don't apologize. I deserved that." He chuckled.

Uncle Phill cleared his throat. "Well then, I don't know what just happened, nor do I want to know. Let's just get back to why we're all here. Boys, I'd like you to meet my niece Collin." He says and the guys wave and say hey. "Col, this is Gerard Way-" he began, pointing at the one I punched in the balls.

"His brother Mikey Way, Frank Iero, Matt Pelissier, and Ray Toro. They are My Chemical Romance!" He finished. My eyes widened and my heart raced. Oh my god! I'm being introduced to the new rising band My Chemical Romance! And I just nut punched one of the members...!

"So this is her?" Ray asked. Uncle Phill nodded. "Well can she play?" Frank asked. "I wouldn't have arranged this meeting if she couldn't, Frank." Uncle Phill replied. What's going on? What do they mean 'can she play?'? "Let's hear her then." Chimed Mikey.

"Show em whatcha got Col." Said Uncle Phill. I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. "Show them what?" I asked. He pointed to my electric guitar that was plugged into a mini amp and handed me a guitar pick. Oh. I was so confused. Why would My Chemical Romance want to hear me play the guitar?

Internally shrugging I walked over to my guitar and put the strap over my head and turned the amp on. "Alright. Play the opening to... Vampires Will Never Hurt You." Said Ray. "Kay?" I muttered and began playing the opening riffs and verses. "Ok good!" Frank interrupted.

"Now play Romance." He says. That song was only a minute and a half long so I played the whole song. "Nice! Now play Demolition Lovers." Said Ray. I played that until Frank interrupted again. "Sweet! Play Head First For The Halos! Just the opening." He said.

Ray spoke up after I played the intro. "Now play Drowning Lessons!" He said and I did as instructed. "Ok! Now play This Is The Best Day Ever!" Said Frank. "Hold on! I want to hear her play Skylines And Turnstiles!" Gerard said before I could play what Frank wanted.

I internally sighed and played Skylines. I wasn't so sure which one to play, but I still felt bad for what happened earlier, so I played the song Gerard asked me to play. This time they actually let me play the song all the way through with no interruptions.

I looked back up at them and they all grinned, except for Mikey who gave an approving slouchy half smile and nodded. "How long have you been playing?" Ray asked. Shit. I have to talk now. "Uh, thir-thirteen years." I answered. "Fuck! You've been playing guitar since you were five?!" Gerard asked.

I shyly nodded and the band looked at one another with weird smirks on their face. "Well Phill, I'm glad we got to hear her play." Said Gerard. He stood up, still holding his ice pack to his crotch. "I'm glad you all are satisfied." Said Uncle Phill. "Collin? Thank you for your time!"

Said Ray. I gave a half smile and nodded. "You may go home now Col." My uncle says. I put my guitar back on the stand. Then I find my guitar case on my uncles counter and pack it away and put it on my back and leave his office confused. What was that all about anyways?

The year for now is 2002