Chapter 2

Year 2002

Collin-
Monday, two days before graduation

I was upstairs in the attic where my room was, playing Super Mario 64. I had a bottle of Bud Light by my side. I just opened it too. Yes I'm too young to drink. Do I care? Hell no! Just as I entered a painting in the game, there was a knock on my door. "Come in!" I called as I paused my game.

Uncle Phill came in, Gerard and Ray following him behind. "Hi again!" Said Gerard. I blushed nervously. "Uh... hi." I muttered. "We really loved your performance yesterday and we've been talking and finally made a decision." Said Ray. I looked at them confused.

"Uh-huh?" I asked. "We want you in our band!" Gerard answered. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. "W-wait... what?" I asked, causing the two to laugh. I looked at Uncle Phil. "I-I don't get it. I-is that what that meeting was yesterday?" I asked. He nodded. "Yes honey. That meeting was a tryout for you.

I didn't tell you this yesterday because I didn't want you to get your hopes up if they declined you." My uncle replied. Gerard and Ray were giving me big grins. "So...?" Ray asked. "With that being said, do you want to join our band?" Gerard asked, finishing for Ray.

This was a lot to take in. One of my favorite bands wants me to join them! But there's something I don't understand. "I-I thought you had enough guitarists?" I asked. Gerard shook his head. "True, but there are plenty of bands that have more than just a rhythm and lead guitarist. I mean, look at Slipknot!

They have five guitarists!" Gerard beamed. "One more for My Chemical Romance would be really awesome!" Ray added. I guess they did have a point. "So, as I said before. Do you want to join My Chemical Romance and tour with us?" Gerard asked again. My breathing became short. I can't believe my favorite wants me to join them!

I know I said that before, but holy fuck! This could seriously change my life! I couldn't muster enough courage to speak so I nodded. Gerard and Ray's smiles got bigger. "Awesome! We'll pick you up after your graduation ceremony! So... you might want to start packing." Said Gerard. I gulped and nodded.

"O-ok. Th-thank you." I said in a half hushed tone, but made sure I was loud enough for them to hear me. "See ya in three days!" Ray half yells as the three leave my room. Once I knew for sure they were out of ear shot, I jumped up on my bed bringing my pillow to my face and screamed.

HOLY FUCK! I'M A MEMBER OF MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!