Chapter 3

Year 2002

Collin-
Thursday, graduation day

I've been waiting for what was the longest three days of my life! The graduation ceremony only lasted longer it seemed. As I wait outside the auditorium to get picked up, two girls walk over to me. One very tall, the other about average height.

The tall one had long bleach blonde hair and green eyes, the other had long brown hair with bleach blonde highlights and blue eyes. Samantha and Taylor... Samantha is the one with brown hair and Taylor is the one with blonde hair. "Hey leprechaun!" Taylor's snobbish voice called out.

I groaned and tried to ignore them. They both stood on either side of me, towering over me. Taylor had her hand on her hips and was giving off this stupid smile while Samantha had one hand on her hip with a smile with the corner of her mouth opened and showing her teeth. I tried to walk passed them, but Taylor snatched my cap.

"Hey! Don't ignore us bitch!" She sneered. I turned around and tried reaching for my cap but she held it above her head. She leaned her arm down and when I jumped for it she held it high again. She did this a few times before tossing it over her shoulder. "Oops!" She chimed when it landed in a puddle.

They laughed and walked away. I sighed and picked up my cap. It's alright Collin. You'll never see those two ever again. Uncle Phill finally came out of the auditorium and we walked out to his SUV. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and shrugged. "As ready as I'll ever be."

I said, tucking a strand of my now black hair behind my ear. I had a bottle of black hair dye laying around, but didn't have the money to get my hair cut. So I just dyed it instead. When we got back to the house My Chemical Romance was already here. They were on the front lawn fooling around and rough housing with each other.

Uncle Phill honked the horn and they immediately stopped. Gerard came up to my window side and I rolled down the window. "Hi! Are you ready to go?" He asked. I suddenly got really nervous again at the thought of leaving. It wouldn't be the first time you left home...

"Y-yeah. I-I just have to change out of my graduation gown." I replied. "We'll be waiting." He said, scratching the top of my head. This time I didn't slap his hand away. "I like what you did with your hair by the way." He said. I blushed and looked down. "Thanks." I mutter. "Hurry up Col. you've got places to go!"

Said Uncle Phill. I nodded and got out of the car and rushed in the house. I ran upstairs to my room and took off the gown. I was already dressed, packed up and ready to go. I was dressed in a black T-shirt with the Nintendo logo, black jeans, and black doc martens. "Ok!" I breathed.

I did a quick check of my things to make sure I had everything. Clothes? Check. Deodorant? Check. Toothbrush? Check. Hair brush? Check. Flat iron? Check. Eyeliner? Check. Extra guitar picks and strings? Check. Guitar? Check. Gameboy? Check. DS? Check. Phone? Check. Chargers? Check. Sketchbook? Check.

Pocket knife? Check. Never know when I may need it. Sunglasses? Check. Pencils and colored pencils? Check. Pencil sharpener? Check. CD player? Check. Headphones? Check. Money? Check. I only had 30 dollars. Goldfish crackers in case I get hungry? Check! Ok! I have everything.

I took a deep breath and looked around my room. It's going to be a long time before I see this place again. I let out a shaky sigh, pick up my luggages and head downstairs. When I came downstairs and outside, Uncle Phill was talking to Gerard and Mikey. Frank looked over and walked up to me.

"Ready?" He asked, picking up my suitcases for me. Leaving me with just my guitar in its case which is on my back. My heart began to race and I nodded. "Let's go then." He smiled. Gerard and Mikey nodded at me and went inside the van. I walked up to my uncle. "You stay safe now and have fun." He said.

I nodded. "I love you sweetie!" He said, pulling me into a hug to which I gladly returned. "I love you too Uncle Phill." I muttered. We pulled away after a few minutes. "You make sure you call me, alright?" He asked and I nodded. I walked away and into the van.

There were three back seats. In the very back sat Frank and Matt. In the middle was Gerard and Mikey, and Ray was in the drivers seat, leaving me with the front row all to myself. "Don't be shy, hop in!" Said Matt. I looked back at my uncle and waved one last time before finally stepping in.

Ray started the van and drove off. "Welcome to the band!" Said Gerard as I set my guitar case next to me. He reached over and ruffled my hair. This was the start of my new life.