Chapter 9

Trigger warning ⚠️

Collin-

I was the last person to be dropped off at home. It's gonna feel so weird not being on tour. But it's good to finally be back home. When I walked in, Uncle Phil stood up from his favorite chair and hugged me. "Hey darling! How was your?" He asked before coughing. I looked up at him and noticed how pale he was and that he looked like he lost a ton of weight. He looked.., scrawny. "Tour was fine, uncle Phil. You don't look too good."

He chuckled and waved me off. "Nonsense. I'm fine. Now come sit and tell me about tour! I've been waiting forever to hear this!" He wheezed. He sat back down and pointed at the couch across from him for me to sit on. Everything was not okay. There's something wrong with my uncle, but he won't tell me. I did what he said anyways and sat down on the couch. "Well... tour was... interesting.

I threw up after the first three shows, but afterwards I was able to hold it all in. The guys are all really nice and huge dorks, but I like that about them. And I'm gonna be in the next music video!" I smiled a little. Uncle Phil laughed and then coughed. "That's wonderful news hun." He coughs. I frowned. "By the way, happy birthday!" I smiled.

"Thanks." He coughed and hacked before standing up. "Here, my brother stopped by and dropped this off for ya." He handed me an envelope. I tore it open and read the birthday card. It had a coupon for Starbucks with 100 dollars on it! "Whoa!" I never even drink Starbucks, but holy crap! I read the birthday card. It said 'Hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are. Love Uncle Ted"

"Now time for the real- *cough* birthday surprise." I looked up at Uncle Phil and he picked up a large... something wrapped in wrapping paper and plopped it down on the couch neck to me. I immediately tore the wrapping paper and it revealed a guitar case. My eyes widen and I slowly opened it. "Oh my god!" I breathed. It was a black guitar with red flames.
(Look at the picture above)

This is the guitar I've been wanting for years now. "U-Uncle Phil I-" he weakly put his hand up to make me shut up. "Y-you can *cough cough* thank me by *cough cough cough* playing a song for me." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Uncle Phil, what's wrong? You look really really sick!" I protested. "Don't worry. I just have the flu. I'll be fine. Now play me a song." I sighed and began playing Our Lady Of Sorrows.

Phil-

Poor Collin. I didn't want her knowing that I was dying of blood cancer. It would completely crush her if she knew. Not when she's on tour and having so much fun with the band. When I do die, I want it to be when she's away so she doesn't have to see me on my deathbed. I was diagnosed with this leukemia about a week before I had Collin meet My Chemical Romance.

I smiled at her as she played Our Lady Of Sorrows on her brand new guitar. She looked up at me as I stood there listening to the music that she made from just instrument. That's one of the many things about her that made me so proud of her. The music started feeling fuzzy, like I was under water. "Uncle Phil?" Collin's voice sounded distant.

"Collin..." I reached my hand to her as the corners of my vision went black and were slowly closing up the rest of my vision. "UNCLE PHIL!" Her screams echoed all around me. I felt her grab my cold hand. "Collin. My sweet Collin. Never stop playing the guitar. Don't give up on your dreams." I coughed up a ton of blood before my vision was completely black.

Collin-

*Three days later*

(Picture above is what she's wearing)

I was sitting at the very front pews in the church. My uncle was laying in a casket at the front of the alter looking as pale as ever. Tears streamed down my face and I looked down so my hair would cover my face. I can't believe he's really gone! Why didn't my uncle tell me he had leukemia?! Someone sat next to me but I didn't really look up at them.

"Hey." They said and put a hand on my shoulder. Now I have to look at them. I looked up and see Gerard. He was wearing your typical black blazer and tie with a white button up shirt and dress pants and shoes. He gave me a sad look before hugging me. I hugged back and cried on his chest. "Collin I'm so sorry this is happening."

I didn't say anything back. I didn't want to. But Gerard just let me cry on his nice suit. After a few minutes and pulled away from him. He looked at me and wiped away my tears. "He never told me he was dying!" I sobbed. Frank, Mikey, Ray, and Matt sat down beside me, opposite of Gerard and hugged me.

After the ceremony I was planning on going home to be alone. But then I bumped into my father. "Well well, now you have no other choice but to come back with me! Because without Phil, you have nowhere else to go. Ain't that right you little shithead?" He sneered and flicked my forehead. I began to cry again. He rolled his eyes.

"How did it feel when my idiot brother died on your birthday, huh?" The tears came running down my cheeks. I wanted to punch him in the balls so badly. Instead I walked away, but he grabbed my arm. "Hey don't walk away from!" He shouted. He yanked me back and I fell over. "You're coming back to Michigan whether you like it or not!"

I shook my head and he slapped me. "Hey! Leave her alone!" I looked up and saw the band angrily marching over. "Mind your own business you punks!" My dad sneered. "Are you deaf?! We said leave her alone!" Frank repeated Gerard's words before shoving my father. Gerard helped me up and I stood behind him and the rest of them.

"She's an adult!" Said Ray. "She doesn't have to go anywhere with you!" Said Matt. "So stay away from her!" Said Mikey. Gerard glanced at me then glared down at my dad. "And she does have a place she can go! She's staying with me, and there's nothing you can do about it!"'my eyes widen. Mikey nods and they all stand in front of me.

My dad scoffed. "Fine! See if I care! Have fun with you little boy toys, you worthless little slut!" He sneered. "Don't ever calm her that!" Gerard yelled. He rolled his eyes and walked away. They turned to look at me. "Col, are you alright?" Gerard asked. I just stood there shaking. "Did you really mean that? That I could stay with you?" I asked. He smiled softly and tucked my hair behind my ear. "Of course Collin. You can come stay with me."