The eyebrows

I walk towards the reception and see Dr. Roberts in his grey scrubs and a crisp white apron flipping through the files and see Rosie unbothered by his lack of attention, staring at him and twirling her brown hair with a pencil.
' Rosie,' I say slapping the desk.
' Hmm?' She replies with eyes still on him.
' Rosie!' I slap on the desk harder.
' Yeah I'm listening,' says Rosie still looking at him.
' Are you hungry ?' I ask her.
' Yeah.'
' Shall we go get lunch?'
' Yeah.'
' Is there a place close by?'
' Yeah'
' How long is our break?'
' Yeah.' She says still staring at Dr. Roberts.!Now I'm sure she's not listening to me.
' Rosie, are you lost?'
' Yeah' Rosie replies again.
' You can put these back Miss. Murphy,' he says handing the files to Rosie and walks away.
' Oh Alex! Ready to go? ' asked Rosie finally noticing me.
' I've been ready to go for a while now.' I reply dryly.

Rosie and I head out to a cafe across the street. We talk about arts and painting and what influenced her to take arts as a major.
Just after lunch as we are heading back to the clinic, Rosie tells me she booked an appointment for a patient under my name.
' She seemed pleasant on the phone. The poor woman had a traumatic experience at another clinic,' she says.
Once we enter, I head directly to my office. I take out my phone from my purse and scroll through Instagram. I find a picture of my ex-fiancé with a bunch of girls falling all over him.
Just as I'm about to block him, i'm interrupted by a knock on the door.
' Come in.' I say.
An elfish-looking golden haired boy with green eyes in yellow scrubs enters my office.
' Hello there,' I greet.
' Hi, I'm Jeremy Scott. I will be assisting you. Your first patient is ready. Her name is Priscilla Miller. She is seated on the chair.'
'Okay,' I say and follow him.
I walk in and I see a woman in her mid-twenties sitting  on the dental chair, with the drape on. The first thing I notice about her are her thinly drawn eyebrows and red lipstick on her teeth when she smiles.
' Hi, I'm Dr. Davies. How can I help you?'
' Hi I'm Priscilla. I want to get my teeth whitened.'
' Sure let me check your teeth once.' I say as I wear my gloves and take the instruments that Jeremy hands over.
' Hold on,' Priscilla interrupts raising her hand,
' Before that, let me tell you what happened to me...'
  All my attention is on her pencilled eyebrows and not on what she says.
'...the last time I went to a dentist,' she continues with her hands still moving in the air.
'..he actually set my teeth on fire' she says with a horrified look on her face.
' Technically Priscilla, it's impossible. Your teeth are made of minerals that cannot catch fire. But I know what you mean.' I reassure her.
She seemed like a paranoid human being.
' And I assure you nothing of that sort will happen this time. You're in safe hands.' I smile at her.
I start with the procedure and finish the procedure quickly and give her instructions on how to maintain it.
Just as we are about to finish, a piece of cotton from flies from Jeremy's hand and falls on Priscilla's face.
She jumps out of the chair, causing the instruments to fall everywhere.
' Oh my god is that a bug? I'm sure it bit me.'
I get out of my chair and remove my gloves.
' Priscilla it was only a piece of cotton, please calm down.'
' I'm sure it was a bug,' She raises her one penciled eyebrow questioningly. 'Are you sure Dr. Davies?'
' Yes, I am,' I say picking the cotton pellet from the floor and showing it to her.
' Oh thank the lord!' Priscilla says, slightly relieved.
' Jeremy, please show Priscilla the way out. And Priscilla, do follow the instructions I gave you. See you at your next appointment.'
I wait for them to leave and walk back to my office, exhausted.
I have been unwelcomed, embarrassed myself, got snubbed, and had to deal with a hysterical patient and today is only the first day. I wonder if I made the right decision by coming here.
I can't wait to go home and drown my sorrows in the shower.