Chapter 8

Chapter 8: The return

Flashback 

I was walking to mine and Jungkook's secret place. We have found it ourselves. We usually hang out there. It's a calm and beautiful place. Today Jungkook asked me to come there. He had something for me. I'm excited to see what. He has always surprised me. Once he bought a present for my birthday. On the box were my favorite flowers and my favorite chocolate.

He said it was nothing, but for me, it was the best gift I could have. And, of course, having him as my best friend. My soulmate. The one and only I could tell everything because I don't have any friends.

He is one of the most handsome guys in our school, and many guys and girls want to be his friends. But usually, when he agreed, they asked if I couldn't be in this group. And well, Jungkook didn't accept it. So he denied every suggestion.

I wasn't the prettiest girl in school, and I'm sure he would get every girl in our school if he wanted to.

But he chose to be with me.

Even though we are not in a relationship, he doesn't want to lose me because of others.

I arrived at our secret place. Jungkook was on his phone waiting for me but heard me soon when I walked to him. ''Hi! You came!'' He said happily.

''Of course, I'd come. So tell me, what did you want to give me?'' I asked curiously.

''Close your eyes.'' He said, and I did as he asked. I hear him walking behind me, and soon I feel something cold on my upper chest and neck. ''You can open them,'' he said.

I opened my eyes and looked down. Jungkook put the most beautiful necklace on me. It was heart-shaped, and I could open it. Inside was our picture.

I turned to him with the brightest smile I could have. He looked nervous about my reaction. He was afraid I wouldn't like it. But how can someone not like this? It was the best gift he had ever given me.

''Do you like it?'' He asked a little bit shy. I just hugged him tightly.

''I love it, thank you!'' I said, and we both kept hugging.

End of flashback

The hallway is empty and quiet. At least it feels like it. Jungkook is staring at the operation room. He has done it from the beginning you got to the hospital. He never stopped looking at it. He had no emotions on his face.

But inside, he was dying, thinking of your last words before you closed your eyes. His mind was killing him. He kept thinking, what if he had never brought you to him or yelled at you?

Everything would be different now. You wouldn't be in the operating room fighting for your and your baby's life. You would be living a happy life without him. Safe.

The doctor didn't let him in the operating room. Jungkook kept holding your hand, and they struggled to separate you two. He wanted to be beside you, but the doctors didn't let him. So he had to stay with the others waiting.

Namjoon, Jin, and Hoseok left looking for Yeri. All of them were shocked even though all this was normal for them. But none of them were ever hurt this bad.

Momo cried, but she calmed down once the others explained to her. It was the right thing to do. She was freaking out. But now your life is more important for all of them.