Chapter 28

Confessions & apologizies

''Maybe because the girl is sitting in front of me,''

Ever since those words left Taehyung's mouth, I was speechless. It took me a while to recover from it. It felt like I was hit by a truck and then brought back alive. I couldn't believe it.

I started chuckling as I looked at him. He didn't look pleased with my reaction. He looked more hurt and sad. What do you expect?

''I hope you're some kind of warlock and-'' Then I remembered that we weren't supposed to tell about the pregnancy to them. Not just yet, and we wanted them all to be there.

Taehyung looked at me weirdly and sighed.

''I hope you're just kidding,'' I kept laughing nervously.

Taehyung looked at his lap. He didn't smile, not the way he usually did. ''You think I'd joke about something like this? That I'm in love with my best friend's girl? Are you serious?'' He asked, and I could see tears in his eyes. He was hurt.

''I should never have said anything,'' He said and stood up.

He walked to the door, only to be stopped by Jungkook. Seeing his face, he looked like he had heard everything. But he didn't react anyway. Knowing him, he would be hurt to see his hyung being in love with his fiancée.

Be in love? That wasn't what he said.

''No, Taehyung, I didn't mean it like that!'' I yelled after him after he had pushed Jungkook aside and walked out of the room.

Before I could do anything, I already heard the front door going off. Taehyung was gone. I hurt him. I didn't want to do so. He is my dearest friend. Does he think I would like to drop everything I have now and leave with him?

But I can't blame him for anything. You can't decide who you have a crush on, nevertheless falling in love with someone. It wasn't his fault. I don't want to hurt him any more than I already have. But it's impossible.

I turned to Jungkook, who was still standing behind me. ''Why aren't you saying anything? Why didn't you stop him?'' I asked.

''What is there to say? He loves you,'' Jungkook said, just like that. It did not affect him. I couldn't figure out if he was mad or upset or what he was. It looked like he knew.

''How can you-,'' I said, and there it hit me. ''You knew? You knew why he was off and acting like that? You knew and didn't tell me? You let him suffer from this? How could you?'' I yelled at him.

''Why would I tell him? It's his feelings, not mine. It's not my business to go and tell people that. He needed to tell that himself. And I didn't think he'd do it,'' Jungkook said.

I was shaking my head. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from his mouth. His own best friend was suffering from this. And he knew but didn't try to help him. I was disappointed in him.

No words were said after that. I went downstairs, took the keys, and walked out. I could hear Jungkook yelling my name, but the voice got silent after I closed the door.

I have to find him.

I have no idea how he was so fast with his moves. I couldn't see him anymore once I reached the outside. We didn't fight that long with Jungkook for him to get himself to the airport and fly back to Daegu.

No, I don't want that. I need to settle things with Taehyung. It can't be like that. I don't want him to think I take his feelings as a joke.

Now that I think about it, why I haven't realized it before?