Coming Back To You

Waking up in his arms that wrapped protectively around you, was something you had grown used to. But each time still made you wake with a small smile playing at your lips and a warm fluttering feeling in your stomach.

With your back pressed against his chest, you can feel through the light fabric from his shirt that you wear, his even breaths. Still sleeping peacefully.

It wasn't very often that you woke before Daryl Dixon; as he was usually up with the Sun. But today you were the one waking early at dawn.

You don't move or get up, but instead continue to lay there in the warm comfort of his surrounding arms. The light blows of hot air tickling your neck as he breathes out, and the sound of soft snores escaping him as he sleeps.

Whether it's late at night as he's just falling asleep, or early in the morning when he's been asleep for hours... This is one of the times he looks the most at peace. The man who is always trying to fix everything, fight everything head on... Finally rests.

"Why ye up so early?" His raspy morning voice whispers into your ear, his grasp on you tightening as he adjusts his chin to rest on your shoulder.

You wonder if the light rubs of your thumb on his hand woke him, or if he could just sense that you were awake.

"Thinking about today." You whisper, shifting your legs just a little. Enjoying the feel of them still entwined with his.

A soft sigh pass his lips and you can tell his eyes are still closed. Even if you aren't looking at him.

"Ya stressin 'gain." Daryl tells you, and he doesn't say it in the form of a question. But rather a flat out statement.

"How can I not?" You ask, and you realize your hands hold tighter onto his arms holding you.

Daryl Dixon is probably the strongest, bravest, most badass man you know. And although you know he can handle himself, and has been all his life... Every time he goes out for a several day search for the governor or a run you feel worried. Sick even, that one of these times he isn't going to come back.

"Why ye so scared every time I leave?" Daryl asks, his tone slightly monotone as he's still half asleep.

Twisting in his hold, you move to face him. His eyes shut like you thought, but not asleep.

Gently, you trace his cheek with you finger. Your touch dancing softly against his skin.

"Because I'm scared that one of these times, you aren't going to come back to me."

That answer opens Daryl's eyes; his deep blue eyes the first sign of light in the dark cell.

"Ye really think that?" He whispers, his eyes meeting yours for a moment before they float down to look at your lips, and your hands that hold onto him.

Timidly, you nod. Watching his eyes soften, and look straight back into your own.

"Ye know that ain't true," Daryl whispers, as his thumb brushes lightly over your bottom lip.

Not answering, is all the answer Daryl needs.

"You don't know the future Daryl," You tell him. "you don't know what each day is gonna hold when you go out there."

"Might be true," Daryl starts to say, as his right hand moves to cup your face. "But I know what I have back 'ere. What I got waitin for me."

A soft smile pulls at the corners of your lips, "Me?"

Daryl lets out a slight snort; a laugh of sorts. "Yeah, you."

Nodding, you stare down at his lips. Wanting nothing more than to pull him closer and cutting off that space between the two of you.

And that's what you do; take away all the space left between you two by pressing your lips gently yet passionately to his.

The faint taste of nictone and wind touches your tongue, and only fuels your want for him more.

The scents and tastes that make him... Him causes you to become addicted to him. Something you crave day in and day out, something that you associate with comfort and love.

His hand cupping your cheek moves up slightly, where his fingers find their way towards your light tangles, feeling your locks beneath his touch.

As you wrap your legs around him and turn your self over slowly, you move to straddle him.

Your hands run over his bare chest, the feeling of hair and warm skin and even where is tattoos are inked... Feels familiar and comforting under your fingers. Like you know every inch of his body... As he knows yours.

Pulling back just barely, Daryl looks up at you with his soft and mesmerizing eyes. "I ain't gonna leave ya, ye gotta know that."

Biting your lip slightly, you nod your head saying you do know that... Although you avoid meeting his eyes.

Until his finger slips underneath your chin and lifts it for you to look at him completely.

"I'm always comin back to ya."

That sparks the response he was looking for; the true genuine acceptance that you don't have to worry about him not returning. Because you know in your heart-- even when your head forgets-- that he's coming back home. For you. 

A/N: This one is a bit shorter but I thought this was sweet!❤