> Roses

art credit (yesbocchan)
{roses for love}

Was?

Harry sat back in his seat a bit defeated. He supposed he brought that on himself. He looked up as the receptionist called his name.

"Harry Potter, Mr.  Malfoy will see you now. If you would please follow me."

As requested he stood and followed the small and sheepish man. He spoke with him out of nerves mostly.

"So...do you like working here for Mr. Malfoy or-"

"It's not proper to talk about ones boss, sir."

"Dobby!?" Screeched an angry and powerful voice. Harry stood up taller and tried to straighten his deep red and gold tie as much as he could. The man in front of him stood as still as a rod but it was almost as if his ears were drooping with the sheer sound of the overwhelming voice.

"Y-yes sir," said the sheepish man while opening the door in front of them slightly and peeking through.

"Where is my next appointment!?"

"R-right here, sir. Mr. Harry Potter is just here, sir."

"Your name's Dobby?" asked Harry with a tilted chin and confused expression.

"Donald H. Elfmond, but everyone just calls me-"

"Dobby!"

"Mister Potter is here, sir." He turned abruptly at the sound of his name and opened the door fully to allow Harry in before bowing to the tall and domineering man behind the desk. Harry gulped and stepped forward slowly jumping slightly when the door was pulled shut behind him. He looked up at the tall muscular blonde in front of him and felt a shiver go down his spine.

Not the good kind.

The guy had terrifyingly grey eyes and long platinum blonde hair that he kept back in a low ponytail. He had a strong set jaw and a tight grip on the computers mouse.

"Mr. Potter, please have a seat." The man waved his hand in front of him although he seemed to only be paying attention to his computer. Harry tentatively stepped forward and sat down anyway.

So this was the great Lucius Malfoy? Harry could see how people would be frightened of him. He carried an intimidating air about him. He took a few deep breaths. He promised Sirius he would at least try to get a job. This was his last interview.

Harry held his hand forward for a firm handshake but when the man finally glanced his way he looked at it almost disgusted. Harry slowly pulled his hand back self consciously.

"Were you never told to keep your arms covered?" The man asked still slightly put off.

"Not really. I do usually tend to keep them covered, though."

"And now?"

"Well I thought I could have time to watch," Harry said as though it was obvious. "They weren't quite done and I didn't expect to be interviewed so soon."

"Who wasn't done? Watch what? Potter you aren't speaking in proper sentences." Almost as soon as he closed his mouth lines began moving across Harry's arms. He started opening his mouth but before he could he slammed it shut. Harry looked up with a small smile before snatching his sleeve down at the look on Lucius's face.

"Sorry, sir." The man sent him an almost frightening smile.

"No apologies necessary. I think it's endearing that you enjoy watching your soulmate work. How soon can you start?"

Harry looked up with a blush on his cheek and eyes huhe with surprise.

"Y-you mean I got the job?"

"Of course, you seem smart enough to deliver mail and coffee for now. You can learn anything else once you start working. Speaking of, you start Monday. Be here on time or I will fire you on the spot." Within in the few sentences his voice had went from light and airy to demanding and Harry immediately knew better than to disobey the older man.

"Yes, sir." He stood to leave but as he got to the door the man behind him cleared his throat. Harry turned slowly and noticed the man had his hand outstretched. He immediately walked forward and gripped the man's hand in a firm handshake.

"Actually Potter, I have an errand for you to run."

"Uh...Okay." He let go of Mr. Malfoy's hand and nodded resolutely.

"My wife and I are having dinner with our son tonight and I would love for you to come along with your soulmate."

"Uh, sir, I haven't actually met my soulmate before..." Maybe Harry was mistaken but he could have sworn that Lucius had smiled at him.

"Oh? Is that so? What a pity. Well feel free to bring Sirius and his mate. I've heard that my wife's cousin can't stand to turn down her Chicken Cordon Bleu. It's to die for, really."

"Your wife made that? Sirius let me taste it once then spent the rest of the month trying to recreate it." Harry couldn't contain his laughter. "He's a terrible cook. Sure, I'll be sure to drag him along for dinner, sir."

"You can get my address from Dobby on your way out, 8:00 should suffice."

"Yes, sir. Should I bring anything?"

"Flowers would be absolutely lovely."

"Of course. Thank you again, Mr. Malfoy."

"My pleasure, Mr. Potter." He sent him that scary grin again before Harry was finally able to close the door behind him and move over to the reception desk.

"Hey, Dobby?" The sheepish man looked up somewhat happily.

"Yes, Mr. Potter?"

"Harry is fine."

"It's impolite, sir," he spoke in a conspiratorial whisper as though Harry didn't know.

"Uh...right. Well do you happen to have a pen? I need Mr. Malfoy's address."

Another worker at the desk with Dobby handed him a blue pen before turning her big glasses-clad eyes back towards the computer she was typing on.

He clicked the pen once and waited for the address. When he got it he smiled at Dobby and the other young woman then handed the pen back and turned to leave.

565 Kingston Ave. @ 8:00 pm
Bring Roses!

~~<~>~~

hey futher muckers :)

next chapter should be fun, huh :P

please comment and vote and share
if you liked it (or didn't)
lol

hope yall enjoy this so far
love yall

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋