> Azaleas

art credit (zejeni on deviantart)
{azaleas for softness}

Draco looked over at the darker skinned guy hunched over in the seat next to him. He had his head propped up haphazardly on an empty ceramic pot that was for sale. His mouth opened slightly to let out small puffs of air as he somehow slept peacefully. The blonde stood silently and went over, locking the shop door and flipping the sign over. Harry had offered to stay while Draco worked and he meant it. He shook his head at the man he was supposedly destined to be with and gave a small soppy smile.

Eyes, jade green in this light, opened tiredly and raked him over with a lazy smile. When the eyes met his they stopped and widened a bit in surprise.

"W-what?" asked the ravenette sitting up quickly almost hitting his head on the branch of a low hanging tree that grew in the center of the room, but reached out in every direction, giving the place an even more natural feel.

"Nothing," said Draco with smirk, but that only made Harry more suspicious.

"Seriously? Is there something on my face?" When Draco smiled softly Harry narrowed his eyes. "Did you put something on my face? Malfoy, if you did, so help me-"

"I was just staring at you. You're a fairly fit bloke. Was I not supposed to take notice?"

Harry blushed and Malfoy was glad to note that even in the warmer skin tone he could still detect the rapidly heating cheeks and continued to smirk lightly.

"You think I'm- I mean, I don't-" He took a steadying breath. "Why are you flirting with me?" Harry blurted finally. Even he look shocked by his question.

"Well it's fun and I like seeing you flounce about for an answer. And your even more gorgeous when you blush," Draco said seemingly nonchalantly while staring at his nails, only looking up to catch Harry's cheeks go even deeper if possible.

"B-but with soulmates isn't that kind of redundant?"

"Did Granger get you a word of the day calendar as well? Bloody load of use it is, we always study together. I already know almost as much as she does."

Harry laughed, which made Draco's grin spread like wild fire across his face.

"I don't think anyone knows quite as much as 'Mione, yet." He nudged the blonde who stood in front of his with a wicked grin and twinkling eyes that seemed somehow brighter and darker in the sunset leaking in through the glass roof.

"So, Potter, I'm about to head out, anywhere I could take you?"

The green eyed man shook his head, but the pale man wasn't having it.

"Is something wrong, Harry?"

Harry snapped his head up and almost immediately winced when he heard a faint pop. He guessed that was what he deserved from sleeping on a ceramic pot while Draco did all the work. He blushed.

"Nothing...I was just- er- thinking? I mean, I was thinking about whether this would be considered volunteer hours or not."

Draco barked out a laugh.

"I doubt it, considering you were sleeping the entire time you were here." He seemed to think for a moment before taking on a small smile yet an otherwise bored expression. "Let me walk you home, Potter." This time it was more of an order as the blonde stood up a bit taller and picked off an invisible piece of lint from his seemingly soft linen top.

"I doubt I'm close enough for you to walk back to the Manor."

"What're you-? Oh no. I don't live there. That's my parents house. I have a flat a little way away from here actually. Now come on, I don't have all evening."

The back of the shop let out of the store through a basement where the cooler plants thrived. The stairs leading up to the next street were lined with flowers Harry didn't bother to pretend to know the name of, but as they made their way up he did stop to run a finger over them. He stood with a lopsided smile as he headed out the back door of the shop and watched the blonde lock up. While he stood on the step he had been placed a few heads taller than the other man. Before he could think about it he reached out a hand and mussed up the occupied blonde's hair.

"Very funny, Potter. Now fix it," he said when he was on equal ground and therefore taller than the ravenette once again.

"But you look better with it all tousled, Malfoy," Harry chuckled and began walking backwards in the direction of his house. He motioned back with his head in a 'come on' motion. "Now aren't you supposed to be walking me home?"

The blonde ran a hand through his hair, fixing it easily.

"What have I gotten myself into?"

"What would be the fun in telling you?" Harry sent him a full lopsided from once they are face to face before turning abruptly and walking next to the blonde, unknowingly, in the direction of both of their homes.

~~<~>~~

hey futher muckers
short update
and like 3 days late

ive started working in a local food truck
(local = my parents own it)

but theyre very strict
im working like 2pm - 9:30pm

soz (sorry), buttttt
i do plan on doing another update
cause this one was late

so be on the lookout 👀

thanks for reading
hope you enjoyed

love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋