> Jasmines

art credit (sadfishkid)
{jasmines for adaptability}

Friday morning found Harry sitting in the cafe with both Hermione and Ron. They were soulmates and more importantly, his best friends. He sighed before taking a gulp of his hot tea, only wincing slightly at his almost scorched tongue.

"Is everything okay, Harry?"

"Huh- Oh yeah! I'm fine, 'Mione. Thanks. Er- how are uh...things?"

Hermione rolled her eyes at him while letting out a huge breath.

"Harry do you mean to tell me that we've been sitting here for almost an hour and you haven't been listening to anything we were talking about?"

"I- that's not true, you said- well I heard-" he shook his head with red stained cheeks. "Sorry, guys. I've just been thinking about Dr-dinner! Yeah, I was thinking about dinner last night. I feel like it went well, but I sort of ran out and I may have ruined any chance I had at a job." His head fell onto the table with a thunk, causing their cups to tinkle on the little serving plates and the tea inside to ripple.

"What dinner?" asked Ron with a confused face as he picked up a biscuit and eyed it wearily as if it were the cause of all his best friend's troubles.

"Oh yeah, I was rushing. I forgot to tell you. Well you know I had that job interview with Mr. Malfoy. I guess I didn't screw that part up so bad, 'cause he invited me for dinner with his family."

Hermione looked thrilled. "That's great Harry!" she said at the same time that Ron said:

"Bloody hell!" he was looking especially sick. She gave her boyfriend a pointed glare until he slid the entire plate of biscuits in front of him and purposefully did not look back at her, but once he had eaten enough he didn't continue to talk. "I mean, it is great and all, but my family doesn't get along with the Malfoys. They hate us."

"I'm sure they don't hate you."

"'Mione, Luicus Malfoy's son pushed me off the swings. Twice!"

"We've all grown up since then, Ronald."

"Yeah, and when I mentioned you, he had no idea who you were," Harry said unthinkingly still moping.

"You mentioned me? Why were you even talking to the git?" Ron looked an interesting mix of sick and scared that made Harry stop moping long enough to laugh.

"We were just looking at some art and I was talking about you and Hermione. He thought she was mated to Gin."

"How would the ferret know we were mated at all!?" He looked absolutely terrified and even Hermione had to give a small grin though she still rolled her eyes in typical fashion.

"We're friends. He-uh volunteers with me at the rec center."

"Do you think I could volunteer there next week?" asked Harry looking down as he took another sip from his tea.

She looked taken aback but the grin she sent him lit up her entire face.

"Of course, Harry. We're always looking for new volunteers and Thursday is the best day to get used to the atmosphere. It's so free. Luna helps on Thursdays sometimes too! Maybe you can get someone to help-"