> Junipers

art credit (upthehillart)
{juniper for eternity}
[bonus chapter :)

Harry walked around Luna and Neville's shop with slow, nervous steps. He waited for a chance to talk to his friends as they dealt with the packed store. When he originally walked into the store (read green house) it had been full the entire time. Valentines Day was coming up and it was one of the busiest times of the year, or at least Neville had said as much when he had first come in.

The raven haired man walked around the store with no clear idea in mind. He knew whatever he chose, white would be classic, but he also knew that Draco would want it to mean something. The store had begun to clear up a bit so he made his way up to the counter once the least lunch rush patron had left.

"So, how can we help you, Harry?" asks Neville as he squats behind the counter to pull out a hidden bouquet for a call in request he was asked to deliver.

"Draco and I- We uh..."

"Congratulations, Harry." said Luna sweetly before turning to Neville. "What he means is they're engaged. Right, Harry?"

"Er- yeah, and not to be rude or anything but how did you find out, Luna?"

"You are wearing a ring. Did you know?" She tilted her head to the side while blinking her soft eyes at him confused. He chuckled and nodded at her.

"Yeah, I suppose I am, huh? Well I came in to ask if you guys would help provide the flowers for our wedding. I'm not sure when it is, but I know that I don't want anyone else doing it-" He gasped and looked down surprised when he felt the soft strokes moving across his skin.

Where the hell are you?

"That would be absolutely lovely!" said Luna with a far away look in her eye. She walked around the counter and pulled Harry into a hug that he didn't think she was strong enough to be capable of.

"You know we'd love to, Harry," said his other friend still smiling from a safe place behind the cabinet. "Actually we have an engagement bundle for Valentines Day. I can have it delivered to Draco's flat if you'd like."

Harry shook his head as he separated himself from Luna.

"I want to give them to him myself. It feels a bit too personal to just have them delivered like a pizza or something."

Luna gave him a gentle yet knowing smile as she walked into the back room and came back carrying a small bouquet. It was a mix of white roses, peonies, and pale lisianthuses. Placed throughout were a few sprigs of juniper.

"Here's our engagement bouquet. It's all about keeping you connected to each other. It also works well for weddings, but you two aren't quite there yet." She smiled at him again as he reached out a hand to grab the bouquet, even surprising himself. Just as his hand wrapped securely around the stems the bell over the door sounded and he turned around blushing madly as Draco proceeded to storm towards him.

When the blonde was a few steps away he took in the arrangement in Harry's hand and smiled.

"Are those for me?" He asked almost nonchalantly, but Harry could see the way his eyes lit up.

"It's the- uh- the- er-" He cleared his throat. "It's the engagement arrangement. I thought it could be a surprise for you."

It was the blonde's turn to blush as his cheeks heated, causing even the tips of his ears to redden as well. He opened his mouth to respond, presumably with something witty, when there was a small popping sound. They looked over to find an innocently grinning Luna holding miniature confetti poppers. She had covered both herself and Neville, as well as most of their register and countertop space. The engaged men burst into laughter as Longbottom attempted unsuccessfully to get the pieces of sparkling paper from his hair.

"Congratulations, Draco!" said the younger blonde bouncing around the counter to give her cousin a hug, dropping little flecks of glitter and confetti everytime she moved.

"Thank you." He looked over at a softly smiling Neville. "Both of you."

"No problem," The owner said shrugging while fixing his own collar. "Harry introduced me to my wife. I couldn't just leave him hanging when it was his turn."

The darker, green-eyed man blushed at all the attention and shook his head.

"I'm glad we could help," Luna said with a shrug and a smile as she moved on to help a customer that had just walked in. Neville went out the back door to begin deliveries and Hannah came to take their spot at the register.

"Yeah," Harry spoke quietly to himself. He looked up at Draco's shy smile as the blonde stared down at the engagement bouquet he was finally able to get his hands on. The sun streaming in through the roof softened his pointed features to the point where he looked almost ethereal.

"You guys deserve to be happy," said Hannah eyeing the bouquet with understanding of her own.

Harry nodded with a loving look in his eye.

He supposed they did.

~~<~>~~

okay

now thats how you end a story
boOm

thought it may be best to end on junipers cause then the story is forever or whatever, but yeh

extra chapter
cause the last one was late

hope you all enjoyed this book
we all need fluff sometimes
ya know?

love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋