Mate

"Come in."

I stood up straight as soon as I heard the voice. I started to feel nervous at the fact that I, ordinary girl Elina; was meeting an alpha!

I curled my fingers around the wooden knob, and pushed the door open to reveal a man sitting behind a wooden oak desk with papers scattered on top.

"Ah-are you one of the alphas?" I ask cautiously as I slowly walked into the huge office.

I quickly examined the room and was more than impressed. There were bookshelves-tons of them, that lined up every single wall. The ceiling went on forever and was made out of glass that allowed me to see the clouds moving past.

"No, I am his beta. He's not here right now. Can I help you?" The man snapped, his eyes narrowing as his light brown hair covering his forehead fell down in soft curls.

"I just arrived on a scholarship and..." I trailed off and scratched the back of my neck surprised he was being so rude. Weren't they supposed to know why I was here? Who entered their territory and most importantly- who I was?

"Scholarship? I thought that wasn't until December?" He said his eyebrows scrunched as he looked at me for an answer but I just stared at him blankly.

I took that moment to examine him. From the story's I've heard, alphas and betas were mean and scary, but most importantly powerful. So far I was just getting the mean vibe.

"Right then. Just take a seat I'll call the Alpha. Don't touch anything," he growled the last part as he got up to walk out.

"I wasn't planning on to," I mumbled roughly as I sat on one of the black leather sofas.

"Excuse me?" the beta growled as he turned around to face me.

I looked at him confused. Were betas meant to be like this? What was up with his temper?

"You're excused," I said giving him a weird look as I played with my fingers.

In speed like lightening I was grabbed by the neck and slammed against the nearest wall. I yelp in surprise and then gasped for air as hands tightened around my neck.

"You may be new here, but around here us betas and alphas are respected," he spat his eyes darkening while I struggled to breath.

"Yeah?" I croaked and the beta loosened his hold a bit to hear what I had to say.

"Well, where I come from men treat a lady with respect!" I spat back as I kicked him in the shin.

He hissed and let go of me. I was surprised it even hurt him, it wasn't easy to hurt a beta and I didn't usually use any sort of physical strength on people.

I fell to the floor when he dropped me and he was in front of me in a second, eyes blazing as fury radiated off him.

He roared in rage as he made a move to grab me.

"Duncan?" A voice questioned and it made me freeze.

"Alpha Tate!" the beta said turning around quickly and bowing his head in respect.

"Whats a girl doing on the floor in my office?" the voice who now I knew was the Alpha asked and I felt something stir in me.

I had a ache in me that wanted to look at him but the beta, Duncan blocked my view.

"Shes here on a scholarship. She was being disrespectful and I put her in her place," Duncan said darkly as he turned around to glare at me.

I slowly got up and looked at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Thats not what the bruise on your leg says," I said smugly as Duncan took a threatening step forward, but the man; Alpha Tate snaked his hand around his arm.

I looked up and was met with a pair of mesmerizing hazel eyes. The smug smile on my lips vanished and my eyes were locked with the hazel ones staring back at me.

"Look you little brat-" Duncan began to snarl but Alpha Tate pushed him back.

"Leave Duncan," Alpha Tate growled but his eyes never left mine and shivers went through my body.

"I will Alpha. Just let me finish this one off and-"

"Are you defying me beta Duncan?" The alpha said his eyes finally leaving mine as he snapped his head towards Duncan.

"What? No its just that-" he stumbled on his words as the Alpha narrowed his eyes at Duncan making him take steps back his head down in submission.

"Leave now."

With that Duncan bowed one last time before leaving the room in a rush as the door slammed behind him.

I let out a shaky breath and was greeted by warmth as Alpha Tate appeared in front of me and looked at me in awe.

Mate.

I looked at him as well and oxygen soon left me. His beauty was breathtaking and I couldn't find it in me to talk. Just stare.

"Whats your name?" He breathed, his breath fanning my cheek, as I shivered in pleasure closing my eyes as a soft 'mm' left my lips making him grab my waist and pull me to him.

"Elina Weitzel," I said once again staring at him in shock.

This alpha was my mate? Mine?

His eyes darkened as I spoke and he buried his head in my neck as he breathed in my scent, my eyes fluttering closed.

The warmth suddenly vanished and my eyes snapped open only to find him on the other side of the room, looking like he was trying to control himself.

"You're my mate?" He mumbled to himself, "-but you're so young..." He said looking at me.

"I couldn't." He stated turning away.

"What? Why! I'll be eighteen in a week!" I exclaimed suddenly sounding desperate.

What was this feeling inside of me? This emotion I felt towards him?

"You're not even an adult!" He said raising his voice as he ran a hand through his head.

I looked at him and tried to estimate his age. I was thinking twenty two at most.

That wasn't much of a difference.

Right?

"You should leave," alpha Tate suddenly said turning around-his expression hard.

I just slightly nodded and looked at the ground feeling tears pool in my eyes. I was confused. No one ever had that effect on me.

"Look, I just need some time to think things through. OK?" He asked appearing infront of me and lifting up my chin.

I gave him a soft smile and nodded.

He bent down and gently kissed my cheeks as a growl rumbled in his chest so he quickly moved away.

I quickly shuffled past him and led myself out taking a deep breath-my heart beating fast.

"Ah! Elina, there you are. I'll show you your room," I looked up to see a smiling Tom who held my suitcase and led me to my new room.

A million thoughts raced my mind and I felt a headache and knew I had to rest. Not even bothering to admire my plush room, I ran to the bed and sunk in the soft sheets.

Even though it was technically morning, I was exhausted.

Closing my eyes I saw hazel ones staring back at me. Either way, sleep found me immediately.

*************