Surprise

"Surprise," Lily said as she smiled her mean smile. I remember when the barbie juniors at school walked past us she'd give that exact smile.

Ouch.

"How...," I trailed off in shock. I was left speechless and forgot how to speak.

Tate however was completely in control. Whether it was him or his wolf, I had no idea. He marched up to Lily with loud growls.

Lily's face transformed- and now a sultry look passed onto her face and I clenched my jaw, grinding my teeth.

Did she seriously just give my mate a suggestive look?

"My, my. If it isn't my favourite Alpha wolf," Lily purred and my jaw dropped open.

Lily, the Lily I knew didn't flirt shamelessly with men. On instinct I stepped towards Tate as my eyes didn't leave Lily's.

"You shouldn't have just done that," Tate growled as he glanced around the smoke that was in the air and making it harder to breath.

There was only so much a wolf can take.

"Oh what? This?" Lily asked in a innocent tone as she tilted her head.

A second later she shot her hands out in front of her and a ball of fire flew out towards me.

I gasped and quickly opened my palm and water hit her fire ball.

Tate growled again and pounced on Lily, his nails extending into claws.

Lily squealed in surprise and fell onto her back. Tate grabbed a hold of her hands and twisted them behind her back so she couldn't shoot out fire. However the room was already on fire and the smoke made it hard to see.

Tate kept Lily's hands behind her back as she screamed and struggled. I on the hand, used this time to extinguish the room that was burning at a fast rate. However every time I put out a flame, it just made more smoke appear. The room was hard to see and my eyes began to water as a cough bubbled up in my throat.

"Elina?" Tate called out worried, "-Elina are you alright?" Tate yelled out. I heard a thud that sounded suspiciously like a body and Lily's cries vanished.

Tate appeared by my side and he wrapped his arms around me and pushed my face into his chest, covering me from the smoke.

"Did you kill her?" I asked in horror as I made out Lily's figure limply on the floor.

"No," Tate said gruffly, "-not yet. I need answers."

Not yet.

The sound of hurried footsteps made Tate's head snapped towards the door. He growled loudly in warning as a figure rushed inside.

"Who's there?" Tate called out in a deadly tone as he pushed me behind his back and took a step forward.

"It's me!" Colin called back as his blurry figure entered the room and he coughed, "-what the fuck happened here?"

I opened my mouth to answer but I breathed in a whole lot of smoke and I started coughing violently.

I felt myself being picked up and the warmth of Tate made me calm down a little.

"Quick. Get her out," Colin's voice held a tone of urgency.

Tate followed Colin out with me in his arms and I heard cussing as the halls too were covered in smoke making it hard to see.

"Here goes nothing," Colin muttered as he held his hands out making me confused.

"What the hell are you doing?" Tate yelled as he abruptly stopped, looking back at his uncle.