Chat

Ryan took his sweet time, as he played with the flames on his finger tips. I glanced at Tate to see that he had his jaw clenched and his fists were also clenched tightly.

"Are you going to explain or just stand there?" Tate asked, unclenching his jaw, only to tense it back up.

Why did I find that attractive?

"Are you being rude?" Ryan said as he clicked his tongue to the roof of his mouth, "-I would hate to burn a limb or two."

I narrowed my eyes at Ryan and took a step forward, only to have Tate's arm quickly wrap around my waist to hold me back.

"That," I said gruffly as I shot Tate a look, "-won't be so easy."

Ryan stopped his glaring at Colin who smirked, and turned to stare at me.

"Ah yes. The other Elemental. Stealing my spotlight aren't you?" Ryan stated with a chuckle but it sounded fake.

"Spotlight? You doing this for fame, boy? Some childhood dream?" Colin mused as his smile widened each time he said a word.

Ryan's face got red and he looked at Colin with dark eyes. When he stayed quiet I was about to question his motives, but suddenly he lifted his and and struck out to Colin.

His hand that flickered out would've seemed harmless, if it wasn't the hiss of pain, seeping through Colin's lips. He clutched his abdomen and glared up at Ryan.

"Cheap move, boy."

Before Ryan could answer Tom took a threatening step towards Ryan and Tate let go of me to tower over Ryan who blankly stared up at him.

"Look here. If you want trouble, just say so. If you want to walk away with your head attached to your body, stay," Tate said in a calm low voice as he didn't even blink.

Ryan raised his hands in between them and smirked widely. Tate didn't waver.

Dale looked at Tate in concern as he eyed up Ryan, before walking over to stand near his brother, his hand firmly placed on Tate's shoulder. Tate didn't shrug it off and the little show of affection was enough for Tate to understand.

I'm here for you brother.

"Aren't you at least the least bit curious as to how I am alive?" Ryan taunted and Tate stayed silent.

"I'll take that as a yes. Well you see, I am a fire Elemental," Ryan said glancing at us, as if to see if we were processing.

"-meaning fire does me no harm."

Ryan stopped at that. As for us, we all glanced at each other and the realization was like a slap in the face.

The fire healed him. Helped him, even.

Tate turned away from Ryan and glanced down, muttering a string of curse words. Ryan looked at Tate in amusement and I was itching to get rid of it.

"So what now? Do you have some genius plan?" I said with a fake cheery voice, "-Please! do tell!"

"No. I don't have a genius plan. Adrian is gone and burning down the Werewolf Committee isn't one of my top priorities now," Ryan bellowed and didn't continue. We all were curious and hell, he knew it.

Tom was the first one to crack as he looked at Ryan with a raised eyebrow, keeping his distance.

"So what is then?" Tom asked, the curiousity leaking into his voice.

"I'm glad you asked!" Ryan cheered, "Though, I can't tell you that."

The only reason I didn't drown him right there was because we were trying ot avoid a fight. The last thing we needed was more blood on our hands.

"This was a great chat and all..but duty calls."

With just that simple term, Ryan gave us one last smile, as he disappeared with in a second. The rest of us stayed silent. I peeked a glance at everyone who stared at Tate, whom looked at the ground in deep thought.

"So," I said awkwardly. "-anyone has a clue on what he plans on doing?" I asked as a glanced around at everyone.

"No. But I mean, you could always drown him right?" Dale asked with a small smile and couldn't help the wide grin that spread across my face as Colin chuckled.

"Right," I agreed with a wide smile.

I glanced at Tate and caught the little twitch of his lips. I felt better instantly and I pulled him towards me.

I wrapped my arms around him and smiled up at him. Hazel eyes bore into mine and I felt like melting.

"Hey. You know everything's going to work out right?" I said in a low whisper as the others gave us privacy by slowly leaving.

"Shouldn't I be saying that?" Tate said in a low murmur. He was frowning and that made me frown.

I grabbed his shoulders and leaned up to press my lips against his. I gave his lips a small kiss and looked up at him.

Tate leaned in and pressed his lips harder to mine and pulled me incredibly closer. Leaning back, only for a moment; I glanced down at his mouth and was more than happy to see the small smile that graced his lips.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-