Air

It was dark. The moons usual light didn't slip through the curtains and flood my room. Today the moon made a no show and that left me to gaze up at the ceiling.

Jonathan was coming tomorrow. My father.

It felt beyond strange saying that. The word was unfamiliar with me and I wasn't planning on getting used to it any time soon.

The nervousness I was feeling didn't allow me to get a blink of sleep. I didn't toss or turn but simply laid in bed with my eyes wide open and every cell in my body still awake.

Everything seemed like it was a mess. Only a few months ago I had a fairly simple life were all I had to worry about was my homework and getting to class on time. But now days I've had to try and not get killed and re connect with family.

My mind was filled with thoughts and it certainly kept me up.

"Elina?"

I immediately snapped out of my day dream as I saw Tate standing by my bed. I eyed him in confusion, considering I hadn't heard him walk in.

"Yeah?" I asked as I sat up, my back pressed against the headboard as I brought my knees to my chest.

"You can't sleep," Tate all but stated as he stared at me intently making my heart speed up.

He wore simple dark trousers and a V neck and still managed to look good. Just at the thought, I scooted over and patted the spot next to me on the bed.

Tate was immediately by my side and I sighed as his warm body cuddled with mine. I rested my head onto his shoulder and Tate gently ran his hand through my hair making my eyes flutter close.

Even though the room was beyond dark, we both could see some what clearly.

"I want this all too stop," I murmured with my eyes still closed and I felt Tate's hand pause against my cheek.

The motion was a silent gesture to explain what I meant.

"The drama. I just want to be with my mate and be happy. Not constantly worrying about who's trying to harm us next," I grumbled and I heard Tate sigh as he continued to caress my hair.

"I know you do. I'd love for nothing more to be with you and have no interruptions. One day when this is all over you will get the happiness you want."

Tate's low voice soothed my worries instantly. I automatically believed his words and my body relaxed against his.

"Yeah," I agreed trying to convince myself, "-you're right." I said as a yawn escaped my lips.

Suddenly I was very tired and Tate's warm arms wrapped around my figure.

"Sleep," he softly ordered and kissed the top of my head. I nodded and clung onto Tate as I felt myself slowly drift off too sleep.

* * *

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. The sheets beside me were cold, probably meaning Tate must have gotten up really early.

I hadn't forgot about my fathers journey to the Werewolf Committee today, so the mere thought made me groggily leave the bed.

After freshening up I got dressed up in simple clothing and left my room. I would have loved nothing more but to stay in my bed- however guests were arriving.

I left my room and made my way to the lobby and before I could even step a foot in there, Tom suddenly appeared in front of me and signalled me too stop.

"What is it?" I asked confused as Tom glanced behind him and back to me.

"They're here. Are you sure you're ready?" He asked in a concerned voice and I gave him a small smile with a nod.