Shock

"Do you know an Adrian?"

As soon as the words left Dales lips my head snapped to his. My mouth fell open as I looked at him in shock, meanwhile Dale stared at us in wait for an answer.

"Did he just say Adrian?" I murmured in a low voice as I shot Tate a look. Tate's eyes were calmly focused on Dale as he slowly walked towards Dale who held out the phone impatiently.

Surely it couldn't be Adrian, Adrian.

"Hello?" Tate grunted into the phone as he looked up at me, his hazel eyes reassuring me.

There has to be at least another hundred Adrian's right?

Tate just stood there for a moment and didn't say anything. I could just imagine the other line listening to his short, steady breaths.

Dale and I didn't dare speak as we silently watched Tate. After what felt like hours but were only mere seconds, Tate let out a huff and slammed the phone down onto its receiver.

"They hung up," he mumbled as he squeezed his eyes shut and ran a hand through his hair, lightly tugging at it.

"Who's Adrian?" Dale asked the million dollar question as his question lingered in the air, no one bothering to answer.

"An ex lover maybe?" He chimed in as he looked at Tate with an amused smirk.

I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to speak, but in less than a second he disappeared from my line of vision and my head snapped to the wall where he was pushed up against.

"Tate!" I gasped.

Tate held Dale by the scruff of his neck and had him slammed against the bookshelves lining the walls.

"Do you have something to do with this?" Tate hissed through clenched teeth as his eyes darkened dangerously, solemnly focused on his brother.

"What are you talking about!" Dale wheezed through the little amount of air he had in his lungs.

"I think that's something Adrian would say," Tate growled.

Tate looked beyond mad. If werewolves had heightened temper, imagine an Alpha.

"Tate stop," I said in what I hoped was a firm voice. Though, I was successfully ignored.

"Brother, put me down," Dale said his eyes darkening as he closed his mouth in a thin line, trying to stop the growl from escaping his lips.

Brother or not, growling towards an alpha was always counted as disrespectful.

Tate made it clear he had no intentions of releasing Dale. It could of been possible Dale might've possibly knew something, but Tate wasn't going to get anywhere with violence.

Sighing, I did the only thing I could think of. A little grin played on my lips as I glanced over to the small vase hiding in the corner of the room. Lifting up my palm I motioned towards it and moved my hand over to where Tate and Dale stood. The water mimicked my motions and in a second Tate and Dale were sprayed with water.

"Elina!" Tate immediately growled as he turned around and appeared in front of me in less than a second his eyes were pitch black and he was breathing forcefully through his nose.

I took a hesitant step back.

Seeing this, Tate huffed and covered his face with a sigh. Looking back up his eyes were back to there usual shade of a lovely hazel.

He looked beyond irritated and tired, I felt bad.

"I thought you needed a little refreshment," I mumbled almost guiltily. I risked a glance at Tate who didn't answer me and just grabbed my waist and slammed me into his chest, holding me in a tight embrace.

"Would someone tell me whats going on?" Dale asked in horror as he looked at me, the vase and back at me.

"Long story short. Adrian is a crazy psycho and tried to burn this place done with his Elemental and tried to burn us alive. That psycho turned out to be Duncan," I said in a nonchalant voice, as if I were talking about the weather.

"Duncan as in our beta Duncan?" Dale asked in shock as he looked between the two of us. Either he genuinely has nothing to do with it or he was a really good actor.

"He's dead," Tate gruffly said, "-though that phone call just made this a whole lot harder."

Dale nodded slowly as he slowly comprehended this.

"Wait- you said Elemental," Dale said in awe, "-you mean those things actually exist?" Dale asked in shock.

I scoffed, offended. I glared at Dale as a grin played on Tate's lips.

"They aren't things. And yes, we exist," I snapped as I narrowed my eyes at Dale.

Dale opened his mouth to speak but paused to look at me for a moment.

"Holy crap, you're an Elemental?" Dale asked again with shock lacing his tone. I just simply nodded my head.

"That is fantastic! I mean- wait a minute," Dale said with narrowed eyes.

"You aren't a water Elemental right?"

"Actually she is," Tate said with a lazy grin as the realization flashed in Dale's eyes.

"You mean that pipe? The puddle? Those sprinklers!" Dale gasped in accusation.

My eyes widened as I tried to thing of an excuse. Before I blurted out some lie, Tate slung his arm around my shoulder and cleared his throat, drawing attention to him.

"That doesn't matter. Go call Colin and Tom."

"But-"

"Now."

Dale let out a string of fancy words as he walked out of the office slamming the door behind himself.

Tate walked behind his desk and slumped down onto his chair. He looked directly at me and gave me a small sexy grin. I looked right back at him and sent him a wink which he raised his eyebrows in surprise too.

Before our little game can continue the door was slammed open and Colin walked in with his usual glass of alcohol with Tom and Dale following closely behind.

Tom stood by the door frame leaning onto it with his arms crossed. Colin however, strolled in and slammed his glass onto Tate's desk making the liquid jump up and slightly spill.

"Who's ass do we have to kick now?"

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-