iv. ☠ Solis: The Queen of Purgatory

a/n: sorry sorry for the late updateee! but here it is! thank you for being so patient with me, i swear i'm trying my best so let's just hang on and enjoy this hahaha!

- unedited

- again, now accepting poems/self-made quotes/fanarts for Solis and Luna, you can send them over on my twitter account @NicAthena or you can visit my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NicAthenaWP/

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛

"and when your soul crawls out of your body,
where shall i find you?"

  ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

"Which one?"

The woman with blonde hair stared at Solis, stupefied. Her eyes sparked with curiosity, as if this wasn't the kind of man she was used to. She faced him and saw no difference, but that didn't matter.

"You brought me here to ask which of these cute ones to get?" she asked, looking over the puppies in the store. They were all adorable, fluffed with cuteness, one that would sure make the day right.

Solis wasn't easily moved. He remained passive even after the two puppies started barking at him, probably wanting to be brought home. He was doing this out of the strings that was being pulled and for the occasion that would soon arrive. A mess. A hurricane. A promise he would soon break for that was the kind of man he was.

"It's seven in the morning. Time is of an essential. Choose," he told her flatly, his patience already wearing thin.

"Forgive me, Solis, but I believe this one is on you."

Solis sighed, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt. "Why does everything have to fall on me?"

The Woman frowned at him.

Solis examined the dogs, each one was different from the other – brown fur to red, white and black spots, eyes too big and some hidden by the amassed fur. The two puppies who were barking at him started to roll around, tongue lolling out in an attempt to get Solis to rub their bellies. Instead of focusing on those two, he found a small one, a chihuahua, cowering in the corner. The chihuahua had brown to blackish fur, eyes so big he couldn't help but think about what this small one saw. Fear was evident with the way it backed away, but there was also pride in its stare.

"Duat, I'll take that one," he decided, pointing at the chihuahua.

"He has a limp," Duat, The Woman who had been part of the advisory council of Purgatory, added. "Are you sure?"

"Why would I not be? Look at him. Weak, small, insignificant."

Duat turned to him. "You don't mean that. You see him as Luna. You want a reminder of what she really is, or at least your perception of her."

Solis left her, proceeding to the man smiling at the children who would want to get a piece of happiness. The man smiled sweetly at them, explaining how some of the dogs were beaten, locked up, and traumatized, which was why they needed new homes for them to be loved again. When Solis came about, he paused mid-talk and asked him if he'd decided.

"The small one with a limp."

***

Arriving home, Solis placed a Queen Anne's Lace flower in the small box wrapped in coveralls paint strokes and brushes. As he was about to put the small dog together with the flower, however, it started to bark and jump out of his arms.