vii. ♛ Luna: The Universe's Greatest Mask

a/n: so here's an updateee. i'm so sorry it took me so long and most of the time i write this thing half-awake so forgive me. anyw, as promised on my twitter acc, i'll update today. was supposed to do this on Jan 31 due to the whole super blue blood moon, but it was my birthday that day so i didn't have enough time. 

thank you so much for waiting, if you're still reading this hahaha!

-unedited / got any self-quotes or artworks? tweet them to me @NicAthena

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛

"I am the lone wolf, lost and estranged.

I am the monster in me, terrifying and ravenous.

I am the predator, wild and impulsive.

I am every sad thought, every wrong note of a song, every color outside the lines, and every scar and bruise among perfection.

I am my own faults and flaws, and I shall reign over the arctic touch of relinquishment."

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛

Luna's mind was a clockwork of devices, spinning and turning, until it broke her apart. Solis had been honest. Too brutally honest, actually. It didn't matter if he truly loved her or not; what mattered most now to Luna was her well-being.

When Luna rushed out of the room, she swiftly went to a safe haven that only her subconscious knew. It was a place she'd been going to for years. And as soon as she found the familiar antique shop clad in a unique mist that only the Queen of Purgatory could find, Luna whispered in the strangest language.

The antique store, filled with treasure troves of jewelry and lace, chipped teacups, jellyfish lamps, turntable, and other artifacts that seem to hold nothing, was an illusion Luna had set up years before. The owner of the shop was her lieutenant in Purgatory, loyal and true to his heart. It also helped that he just happened to be a doctor of the human psyche – Luna's psyche for the most part.

Doctor Agostinho had been one of her only friends in Purgatory. He had been there before she had been hailed as Queen. He had been the advisor of the many preceding Queens in Purgatory, and a part of the Council who had been banished by the Executor.

Luna took a deep breath before drawing an invisible pattern on the door.

"Doctor," she called out upon entering the threshold. "Are you here?"

The sound of crashing plates told her the doctor was in. Luna followed the sound of the crash and found the middle-aged doctor kneeling and trying to pick up the pieces of the plates.

"I –"

"Shh," he hushed her. "You are here. That only means one thing: Solis made you remember everything. Again."

Luna helped him pick the pieces, letting its sharp points prickle her skin. The blood oozed freely, dripping down the wooden floors. She welcomed the pain, abusing the body that wasn't hers. She didn't mind at all.

The doctor pushed her away. "Stop it. Don't be a brat, Luna."

She smiled.

The only person who could ever genuinely call her by her own name was this doctor. Not even Solis could say it in its truest form. As for the rest of immortal beings? They glorified her as the Queen, cold and empty.