viii. ⚝ The Summit of the Mythicals ⚝

author's note: i'd like to start this with an apology. so sorry i updated so late. i was going through a tough time and i was starting to forget about writing. so, also forgive me if the writing seems a bit out of place; i know it's not like my usual writing like before haha. thank you to all those who are still here. i love writing, so rest assured i will still do this. thank you, thank you!

in any case, if you've got something you want to share related to all DG and DO, then you can tweet it to me @NicAthena on twitter.

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛

"almost everything is susceptible to faults,
as most things are crafted by the human mind."

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ 

Long before there was Heaven and Hell, an entity was created out of nothing. This entity, which was what all beings now call as Death, crafted a world solely for his own purpose, a realm where beauty and destruction coincided.

Therein Death gave birth to its three daughters representing the skies and air, the land and sea, and the darkness and the light. They were hailed as the Mythicals. Death had been just an orb of particles, until these three daughters decided it was about time their maker become a spirit just like the rest of them. With the powers they had inherited, they gave form to Death. They gave this spirit a name: The Executioner.

The Mythicals built an empire so detached from both Heaven and Hell that the only way to get through them was to hold a power against their kind. This empire, Purgatory, became the gray area. They had no right or wrong. No bad or good. Only judgments that make the person a human being. If a person had been both good and bad, then the Mythicals would weigh his or her entire soul. The tipping balance wasn't also going to work in a human being's favour. More goodness with little sins would not be taken right away to Heaven. It only meant more work for the Mythicals as they would hold the person on a probationary rank in Purgatory. As for those whose balance tipped more in the evil side, they would then line up for the presence of the Queen of the Purgatory.

The Queen's role was to put these souls into service. They could be sent off to Earth to reflect on their sins, or be executed by the Executioner. In cases where the Queen's decision was to execute the soul, the soul would be devoid of any identity. The soul would have no face, no fingerprints, no hobbies and interests, no emotions, no anything. The soul would be a tabula rasa. The Queen would then collect the executed soul, should the Executioner announce that the process of dispelling's complete, and finally create a character out of her own will.

The Executioner would then take the newly created soul and ask for the deliverance of the Angel of Deaths. Once passed, the Executioner's prowess would enable him to travel through quantum universes wherein he'd look for a reality fit for the new soul. The soul would come to grow and adapt to that planet. The Queen would look over the soul and see if he had any chances of redeeming himself. If he could, then the Queen could give her blessing to send him to heaven as soon as he had been cleansed of his sins in Purgatory. However, if he did not pass redemption, then the soul would serve Purgatory and Hell for the rest of his afterlife.

Unfortunately, Purgatory had been in turmoil ever since the Queen left.

The Mythicals were rattled up and had been in a deep slumber. Not one person could bring them back to life but their maker. Their maker, The Executioner, was a chaotic mess. He could not perform his duties without his Queen. He couldn't think rationally without the being he had been obsessing about for millions of years. Well, at least until he sensed her.