vi. ☠ Solis: The Game

author's note: okay, i am very sorry for the late update. it's been months since i wrote again so forgive me if this may seem a bit off or weird. i don't know if i'm still writing this right, but i'm trying. this will be confusing, as it always is, since i've only just gotten around the plot. so yes, i'm still really busy with everything but i promise you guys this: i won't leave this one hanging. it's just that lately i can't find the will to write; my words were failing me and it's only just yesterday that i was able to somehow catch this power. 

this will be unedited, so bear with me. in any case, if you've got something you want to share related to all DG and DO, then you can tweet it to me @NicAthena on twitter. oh, and i swear this will all somehow clear up in the next few chapters. thank you and happy reading! will try my best to update whenever i can!

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛

"i am not a board piece. 
i am the game -
i make the rules
and you follow them.
conquer me or admit defeat,
i am still the game,
and you are only one of the many players.
"

♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛ ♕ ♛  

There was a pause.

In every moment, there was almost always a crack, a splinter, a split between two thoughts. This, Solis saw in Luna's eyes.

Eyes that held the storm, lightning the pump of blood in her heart. Eyes that defied who she truly was, a queen and a mythical liar living in the world of illusion. Eyes that had loved him for she could not love herself.

Solis knew her too well.

Luna depended on him, unconsciously holding onto him as her anchor. She didn't know it yet, but she had a burning fire in her, scathing and consuming. It would raze the past and leave cities in ashes. If only she believed in herself. If only she could have saved herself. But there was no need for that.

She was his to play with. And she would be more than willing to do so.

For this was a tipping balance of love and destruction.

"Why are we holding them as prisoners?"

Solis stared at her.

It had only just occurred to him that Luna was not asking a question that she already knew the answer of – she was asking a question of why it had to be them, of why they had the power to restrain both the angel and the demon. To Solis, however, this would require a complicated answer, and he's had enough of complex thoughts. Everything that involved Luna always had to do something with problems and words.

He wasn't good with words.

He knew that.

Luna knew that.

This made him think Luna may have appeared to have known things more than she lets on.

"Answer me," she pressed on, looking more and more like he – "Solis."

"Will that be your second question?"

"Yes."

Solis backed away from her and offered her his hand. Luna glanced at it, dubious and doubtful. "If it's possible, I'd rather not talk at all. I always end up hurting you, Amore Mio."

"You're good at this."

Instead of replying, Solis pulled her arm and freely touched her hand, grasping it hard. "I'm always good at everything, but I'm much more exceptional at pretending."