Burgundy

At that moment, I didn't know what was happening. I only did what Chanyeol told me to do; thinking about calm thoughts and places that are meant to be my serenity – nature and beaches, if you were curious - I did just what he wanted me to do, and I even started to recall loads of happy memories with my family, but what happened next was something I didn't expect.

Something clicked in my chest, something soulful, something I couldn't coherent; but I definitely felt in a form of immense pain. Foreign pain spread in my chest, burning pain that made my lungs constrict, my breathing turning slow and wheezing. My face scrunched in pain, and I felt the natural change of weather around me, as wind picked up it's speed.

As quickly as the pain had come, it quickly disappeared, and what replaced it was a strange sense of calmness and peace. My senses buzzed, my muscles hummed in relief; and I could hear a distinct noise of a soft song playing in my ears. I felt a nibbling sensation in my fingertips, and I unconsciously wiggled my fingers apart. A strange burst of light surrounded me, and the light was so bright that I could see it through my closed eyes.

I reluctantly opened my eyes, and immediately crawled back when I saw Chanyeol's entire body surrounded by flames. Dark flames that seemed to lick and pounce off his skin playfully. His eyes were red, and his hair was red as well. He looked majestic, but what really caught my attention was the roaring wings made completely out of flames flapping behind his back.

I opened and closed my mouth in terror, willing myself to say something, but all that exited my throat was gibberish. Chanyeol stared at me as well, eyes wide and filled with curiosity; but most of all excitement. Seconds passed with us staring at each other with wide mouths, but then I heard loud stomps of feet and I lost concentration on Chanyeol. Suddenly then, the burst of light disappeared, and the wind returned to its normal state. Chanyeol's wings disappeared, and he was back to normal. I pouted, missing the feelings that arose from my own body; that seemed to disappear as well.

"What the hell happened?" the source of the stomps of feet appeared as Joonmyeon and the rest; and they were staring at us with curious, wide eyes. I noticed the glass box in Sehun's hands, and couldn't help but point at it.

"Why are you holding the card box? Did something happen?"

"You tell us," Xiumin answered, amusement and curiosity evident in his eyes. I frowned, because even I didn't know what just happened. Seeing that, Joonmyeon sighed and took the card box from Sehun's hands and gave it to me, sitting down beside me gently on the grass.

"Suddenly, while the boys and I were talking, my card starting glowing," Joonmyeon explained with a gentle voice, as if he's scared I'm going to turn ballistic or something. The boys all surrounded us, and I could hear Baekhyun asking Chanyeol if he was alright.

"What do you mean glowed? Just like that?" I frowned, rotating the box of glass as if it would somehow grow a mouth and answer my question. "I have no idea, Hani. What happened with you and Chanyeol? I suddenly felt an immense impact of power," Joonmyeon frowned, staring at Chanyeol and I, and I couldn't really answer his question because I didn't know what happened as well.

"I don't honestly know. One minute I'm meditating and the second minute I'm literally glowing. Chanyeol looked.." I trailed, raising my eyes to glance at Chanyeol with wide eyes, finding him still gaping at me with fondness and a new found respect. We were suddenly silent, staring at one another with agape mouths and heart beating in sync.

"What the hell.." Sehun muttered while glancing between Chanyeol and I. I could feel him staring at my side profile while I was busy ogling Chanyeol out.

"Chanyeol, what happened?" Joonmyeon turned his head to stare at Chanyeol, and before the boy could break out of his trance and start writing down, I opened my mouth. "Chanyeol was different.. he was literally ablaze."