Sapphire

For a long time now, I was just staring around me. I noticed a lot of things; and I usually don't notice anything at all. But maybe, the tension growing in the room, and the nervous glances thrown over one another was making me extra attentive. I noticed Joonmyeon's troubled glances from Kai, to Baekhyun and I. I noticed Chanyeol's gulps, I didn't know why he felt the need to gulp down every passing second. Was Kai's presence worrying him? They were best friends before; so he must be the most worried. Baekhyun looked furious, steam exiting his ears and nose. But, perhaps even he himself didn't notice; but he looked scared, terrified. His whole body was shaking, and he kept poking his tongue out and moistening his lips.

Xiumin looked.. neutral, or maybe he was only pretending. His eyes kept going back to Kai, scrutinizing and searching. I even noticed how he giuded his eyes to all parts of his body, as if checking for visible injuries. Sehun was gaping, but I realized he was trying not to make it very obvious. He was sitting beside me. His continuous skin ship was making me wonder about this new, affectionate side of him.

Kai was.. I don't know what kind of expressions Kai was making, maybe because he was someone new to me. But at the same time, I knew what he was thinking about, almost too well. He kept dodging stares, and he kept looking back at the window. His legs were shifting around, and his left foot kept patting the ground nervously, and his hand kept fiddling with his lush hair.

"Kai?" I didn't realize I was calling him until the boy looked up at me with wide eyes. "Come sit down, you've been standing for a long time now," I patted the space beside me on the bed nervously, hoping he wouldn't refuse. Surprisingly, he didn't; and slowly he walked towards me, giving me a last stare before lifting himself up on the bed, sitting close beside me which was another shock to me. I remember how I met the others; none of them were so easily persuaded, and they did what I asked them merely for they thought it was a command (until now, they took their freedom rather well) but Kai was different; he didn't even flinch or look at others for reassurance, which was nice for a change, but pretty odd as well.

"Would you like to tell us what's bothering you?" I asked the boy sweetly, leaning my head lower to peer down at him since he was looking down at his fingers, shutting himself out. Everyone around me held their breathing, and I found myself doing the same unwillingly.

"Um..." Kai gulped down, looking up at us and causing his loose, hair locks to fall down his eyes. I found my fingers itching to touch him and swipe his hair away, but I settled on watching him blowing on them gently, ruffling them away. "I-I have a master, a-and he knows about Hani's existence," Kai stated while stuttering, and I found him absolutely adorable at that.

I heard a shuffling of papers before I could say anything, and we all shifted our looks to Chanyeol, who started scribbling down furiously on his sketchbook. "And, Kai? What did you do?"

Apparently, Chanyeol already realized Kai's words were double-edged, and that he; in fact, was hiding something from all of us. I snapped my head to Kai immediately and fast enough to catch the flinch he tried to hide. I gulped, heartbeats thumping, and watched Kai as he fiddled faster with his fingers, his eyes wildly looking everywhere.

"Kai.." Baekhyun stressed his name angrily, eyes ablaze; though I could still catch a hint of gentleness and soothingness in his eyes that were enough to will Kai to spill everything.

"I—I- I might have told them something to know about her," Kai finally admitted, and Joonmyeon's eyes snapped up to meet him. "Kim. Jongin!" he roared, eyes wide and body almost lunging forward. Kai whimpered softly, and unconsciously shifted closer to me. My hands almost had a mind of their own, as they reached for Kai's arms and pulled him closer to me, until he was leaning against me with his head leaning on my shoulder. The boy didn't flinch, didn't pull away, and he tried looking away from Joonmyeon.