Catching Up.

Summer was about to end. You can almost feel the cool breeze in the air, promising the first rain of monsoon very soon. Amidst all the confusing chaos of the weather, two best friends were catching up with each other after a longtime.

Sitting on the cool sand on a Sunday evening and watching the sun disappearing into the sea, both of them were taking a trip down their memory lane.

Khushi and Vishal knew each other from their college days. Their friendship was always misunderstood as a relationship. Their friends were sure that they both would end up with each other but both of them denied it and said that they are just friends and nothing more than that.

"How's work?" Vishal asked her. Khushi worked as a teacher in a school.

"Kids adore me." Khushi said with a sense of pride and chuckled.

"Who wouldn't?" Vishal stared at her with a small smile on his face. Khushi stared back and noticed something different in his eyes.

"You're staring, you know that right? Vishal pointed out and expected her to immediately drop her gaze and say something sarcastic. But he was stunned when khushi smiled at him and said, "So what? You're doing the same thing."

"I have my reasons." Vishal winked at her and continued to stare.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" Khushi joked.

"Thank god. I thought you would never notice." Khushi would have laughed at him but she noticed that he was serious.

"Y-You are serious? And here I was thinking that I'm a fool to still have feelings for you." Khushi blurted out. She was overwhelmed with emotions right now. She never knew that Vishal reciprocates her feelings and feels the same way about her.

"Wait a minute. So you're saying that you always had feelings for me?" Vishal couldn't control his happiness.

"Yes, you dumbo." Khushi laughed at Vishal's funny expression.

Vishal was over the moon. He was now regretting that he didn't proposed her in college. He was afraid that he would lose her as a friend too. But now that everything is cleared, he would not waste any more time.

He stood up and asked Khushi to do the same. She was confused but did as he said. When both of them were facing each other, Vishal sat on his knee and asked, "Will you go out with me?"

Khushi immediately hugged him after yelling a big "Hell Yeah."

They never knew that catching up would lead to something this beautiful.

***

Thanks for reading :)