Magical and Clumsy

It was a pretty usual day. Almost mundane. I got ready, ate my breakfast and caught a bus to my office. Usually, I would read or listen to some music on my way because it takes approximately forty minutes to reach my office. But today, I was not able to do either of the things.

You ask why? Even I can't answer that. I myself don't know what exactly happened. One minute I was reading a book and the next minute I was not able to take my eyes off of this amazing girl who boarded the bus four stops later.

She was walking definition of a chaos. Her hair was messy and was all over her face. Her left hand was occupied with a bag and her right one was holding a Dan Brown book. She walked clumsily to a vacant seat and sat with a thud. I almost laughed out loud. Almost.

After settling in her seat, she took out the bookmark from the book and began reading. As her eyes danced with every word she read, my heart beats danced along with it. At that moment, I wanted nothing but to be words in that book. She was completely lost in the book and she had an adorable expression on her face.

As the bus was moving forward, my heart was racing very fast. I was not ready to leave the bus yet but I knew that my stop was next. I wish this bus could go on and on forever. I wanted to approach her and strike up a conversation with her but I couldn't find it within me to do so.

My stop arrived and I stepped down with a heavy heart. I stole a last glance at her and tried to capture her image with my eyes. And with that, she was gone. I half-heartedly walked up to my office. I spent my whole day thinking about her. I know it sounds crazy but I can't help it. It is like she cast some kind of spell on me.

Next day, I boarded the bus with a tiny hope to see her again. As her stop arrived, I crossed my fingers and looked at the door for any signs of her. And yes, there she was, clumsily running to catch the bus. This time, she sat right next to me.

As she was sitting right beside me, I couldn't stare at her without coming out as a creep. But I managed to steal few glances at her every once in a while. This time, I tried to read my book but it was useless. Somehow I felt that she knew that I was looking at her because once she caught my eye and I heard her chuckle. I swear I did.

This continued for days but still I couldn't find the courage to talk to her. Finally, I decided to give her a book with a short message inside it. So today, as my stop came, I dropped the book on her lap and left the bus. Before the doors of the bus closed, I saw her looking confusingly at the book. And it made me smile.

If you're wondering what was inside the book, let me kill your curiosity. I wrote, "Hey stranger, I know we don't know each other but somehow I am getting drawn to you with each passing day. These past few days have not been easy for me. I have been dying to talk to you, literally. I want to take you out on a date and want to know you better. If you feel the same, read this book on the bus tomorrow."

As the new day came, I was a nervous wreck. With multiple thoughts on my mind, I boarded the bus. And as her stop came, I thought that my heart would explode. She entered the bus and sat right across me. She had a big purse hanging on her shoulders and her hands were empty.

I didn't see my book anywhere. I was shattered and was about to get off of the bus when she fished out my book from her purse and began reading. OH MY GOD! Am I seeing things or is it really happening? She was smiling goofily as she continued reading the book. I was struck with an enormous mixture of feelings. I was staring at her foolishly still not believing my luck.

At that moment, I knew that it is a start of something new, magical and Clumsy.

***

Happy Reading :)

Add this book to your library so that you don't miss new story!!

Do vote and comment :)