Library Love

Hello guys......your love for my short stories has motivated me to write another one.

So here it is......let me know what you think about it in comment section.

-------------------------------

It was a sunny day outside. The library had a good amount of rush as it was the only library of the town. Rachel was at her desk lost in a murder mystery. She worked there as an assistant. Her job was to rearrange the books and put them in their assigned shelves. Sometimes she also helps out customers to choose a book. She liked working at the library because she could read all the books available at the library for free and at the same time earn some money for college. It was like living a dream. Any book lover would kill to be in her position.

Rachel's shift was about to end. She bookmarked the page she was on and walked down the thriller section to put the book back. When she came back to her desk to pick her bag, a boy was standing there. He had a confused look on his face and was staring at a book in his hand.

"How can I help you?" Rachel asked as she approached him.

Mike was startled by her voice and the book he was holding fell on the ground. He picked up the book and turned to find the source of the voice.

As soon as he turned, Rachel froze. She couldn't believe that she was standing in front of Mike. "The Mike" who was a sight to behold for every girl of that town. Many girls dream to be his friend or girlfriend and why wouldn't they? Mike was definition of a perfect boy. He looked like a Greek god with his perfect jaw line and chiseled body. He was a charmer and he knew it. He has used his charm many times to get his way with people.

"Are you done drooling?" His voice made Rachel snapped out of her zone.

"Arrogant, much? You're not drool worthy. Why are you here?" She tried to remain calm. She was not obsessed with Mike like other girls. She gave him a bored look and somehow it was affecting Mike. He was not used to this kind of treatment. Usually girls would fall at his feet with just one look.

"I want to rent this book." He signalled to the book he was holding. Rachel read the book title "The kite runner".This was her favourite book so she couldn't help and asked him who is going to read it?

"Why do you care? Just do the process so that I can take this book with me." Mike gave her the book and she went behind the desk and entered his library card details in the computer.

Mike was watching her as she annoyingly typed away on the computer. He liked how she looked cute all annoyed. Her big brown eyes were drawing him in as if telling him that many secrets are hidden there and it made him want to know her more.

"You have to return this book after 5 days. If you don't return it by then, you will be fined." She held out the book for him to take but Mike was still lost in her eyes.

"Are you done drooling?" Payback is a bitch baby. Mike immediately snapped out of the zone and looked at her playfully. "What if I'm not done yet?" Rachel didn't expect this kind of response. She thought he would be embarrassed but he is flirting instead. Ugh.

"Get out I want to close the library." She said annoyingly and started shutting down the computer.

Mike was surprised at her reaction but didn't say anything. He carefully watched her every move and thought to himself "How can someone be so gorgeous yet fiesty at the same time?"

"Why are you still here?" She snapped at him.

"Can you keep this book here? I'll come pick it up tomorrow." Mike wanted to see her again tomorrow and that book can be his ticket to see her again.

"You are weirdo you know that, right?" Somehow she was also glad that she will see him again tomorrow. So she didn't say anything further and kept the book on the desk.

"See you around." Mike winked at her and left the library.

Rachel stared at the door. Why does it feel like something has changed? She shrugged and left too.

Next day as she opened the library, she was waiting for Mike to show up and collect his book. With every passing minute, she was getting restless. What if he doesn't show up? What if he forgot? When she was in the middle of her thoughts, the door to the library opened and Mike walked in. Rachel smiled at him and then realised she isn't supposed to do that.

"Aww why did you stopped smiling? He teased her. "I thought you liked me." He pouted like a little boy and it almost made her smile again but she controlled.

"Should I pack your book?" Rachel changed the conversation.

"Nah...I have decided to read it here." Oh my god. Now Rachel will have to see him everyday sitting at the table beside her desk with his annoyingly sexy face. Ugh.

From that day on, Mike started coming everyday. It became a thing for them to annoy eachother everyday. Rachel used to observe him while he read her favourite book. She loved to observe how his expression changed as the story escalated.

"Why do you watch me when I read?" One day Mike startled her with this question.

"Ummmm....Urm....I don't wa-watch you." She stuttered. She was all flushed with his sudden question.

"Well I know why you watch me. This is your favourite book, isn't it?" He asked her pointing at the book.

"H-How do you know that?" Rachel was shocked. She didn't know how to react.

"When we first met, you were annoyed but when your gaze fell on the book I was holding, you smiled a little bit and then again went back to being annoyed." He said and moved towards her.

"I want to confess something, can I?" He asked and moved more closer to where she was standing.

"Su-sure." Rachel was at loss of words. She couldn't think properly with him being so close. God why he have to be so fucking sexy. Ugh.

"I came here to take this book for my sister. But when I saw you, I couldn't help but think about how sassy, smart, gorgeous and annoying you can be at the same time. I knew I wanted to spend more time with you.....so I didn't take the book home and came here everyday so that I can be near you." Rachel was shocked by his confession. She never imagined in her wildest dreams that someday Mike will confess something like this to her.

Rachel gathered herself and spoke "I don't know what to say. I can't believe you read the book so that you can come here and annoy me." She chuckled.

Mike took one more step towards her and now they were standing so close that he could smell her strawberry shampoo. "For you, a thousand times over " Mike quoted a line from The kite runner and one look at Rachel was enough to know that he has stirked a perfect chord.

"I'm impressed that you actually read the book instead of pretending to read it." She teased and leaned towards him.

"I'm full of surprises babe." He winked and leaned to kiss her. Their lips met in the middle and there was no turning back from there. Both of them knew it was a start of something new and beautiful and they won't shy away to explore it.

"You taste like coffee." Mike chuckled when they broke the kiss.

"Get used to it." She winked.

From that day on, library kind of became their hangout spot. Mike even got a job there so that he can be with her all the time. Both of them were different but were willing to change and accommodate eachothers likes and dislikes.

And at the end of the day...isn't love about being completely real and raw with eachother and still loving it?

--------------

Hey guys....I know I have posted a story after a longtime. But from now on, I'll try to post as many stories I can.

Let me know what do you think about this story in the comment section.

Also if you want me to write about something specific, suggest me and I'll try to write on it :)

Share and Vote!!!