Balcony Romance

The sun was about to set. The atmosphere was calm and serene. Birds were flying back to their home with food for their babies and the street was bustling with chatter of the people. Nicole was standing at her balcony and observing the chaos unfold from the tenth floor of her building. She loved this time of the day where she can sip her cold coffee and watch people chatting as they cross eachother on the street.

She worked 9-5 PM at a local store near her building. On weekends, she studied for a competitive exam which is due next month. If she cracks it, she can get admission into a prestigious college. She was hoping to clear the exams at first attempt only.

A sound from neighbouring balcony pulled her out of her thoughts. She was surprised because since many months that house was empty. "Wonder who bought that house?" She thought out loud. She was trying to get a peek inside the house from the open window but couldn't see anything. She leaned over the railing of her balcony to get a better look when suddenly the door of the neighbouring balcony opened and a boy stepped out.

My My. The boy was sexy as hell with his deep green eyes, jet black hair and a perfect physique. She was so busy gawking at his perfect lips that she didn't hear what he just said. She knew his lips moved but she was unable to process what he said. He came to the edge of his side of balcony so now he was infront of her. There was only two feet distance between their balconies so they were pretty much close to eachother.

"Hi, I'm Alex. I just moved here." He introduced himself.

"I'm Nicole. Nice to meet you." She responded back. Suddenly she was feeling shy in his presence. Her job and studies keeps her so busy lately that she hardly has any time to date or even talk to a boy.

Alex was observing how she nervously pulled a strand of her hair behind her ear. Cute.

"I better get back inside. I have to unpack and settle. See you around, Nicole." Alex said smilingly before going back inside.

"Yeah, see you around." Nicole muttered to herself.

Since their first encounter, it kind of became their routine to talk to eachother from their balconies. She used to share funny anecdotes of weird customers that came to her workplace. Alex would laugh and also share some of his stories. From their conversation, Nicole came to know that Alex was here for just two months. He was working on some project with a local client here so he has rented the neighbouring apartment for two months.

"Are we going to talk to eachother through balconies only or are you planning to invite me to your apartment anytime soon?" He wiggled his brows suggestively which made her blush.

"Why do I have to invite you? Why can't it be the other way around?" She retorted back with a small chuckle.

"Well, how about tomorrow?" He asked her with a serious face.

Nicole thought he was joking but the seriousness of his face was telling a different story. She thought to herself, "I guess it wouldn't hurt to go to his place for once, huh?"

"Okay, done." She agreed.

Alex was happy that she accepted his invitation. He liked being around her. He finds her sense of humour sexy and her looks were bonus. Her blonde long locks and her big dark blue eyes were captivating. He would often get lost in those eyes while talking to her.

"It's a date. See you tomorrow at 7." He winked at her.

"W-What? A date? When did we decide that, huh?" Nicole tried to hide her blush. She was not expecting that the invitation will turn into a date. Does he like her? But how can he? Many questions were going on in her mind.