CHAPTER 23

●○

It's been three hours already since sanyukta was rushed to the hospital. She was still in the operation theatre. Randhir was becoming more anxious as time went by. Mr and Mrs Shekawath tried to calm him down and succeeded to a certain level. They had to admit him in the hospital as he lost his consciousness soon enough making them worried.

It was painful seeing both their children in pain. Life has been hard for both since they lost their child.  They prayed to the all mighty to not  let the history Repeat. It would break them both again this time and it would leave a permanent scar in their heart.

The operation theatre's bulb turned off and vidushi came outside. The  Shekawath family rushed towards her and a number of questions were bombard.

" Vidushi Sanyu, meri bachi theek hey na? " Renuka asked her with a crack in her voice.

"Maasi maa, humari sanyu bilkul theek hey. Vo bahut strong hey, esliye kismat bhi vuska kuch nahi bigaad payi. " Vidushi said assuring her and was tackled by Aryan in a huge hug.

"Mujhe tujhse yahi umeed thi. "He said breaking the hug and grinning like an idiot while the other group of doctors were looking at him like he was a clown and they were in a circus.

"Bache.. bache kaise hey?" Renuka feared the answer to her question but gathered courage for her children and asked the question which could both break and make both her kids life.

"Suprisingly bache theek hey maasi maa. It seems that sanyukta ko chakkar aagaye thee and she saw it coming. She bravely tried to walk till the end but fainted at the last four steps. She had her hands protectively on her stomach when she fell, so the vase glass pieces entered her hands instead and her belly was saved from getting hurt.  And luckily she fall on her back. Esliye bache bach gaye." Vidushi said with a smile on her face.

While the Shekawath family took a sigh of relief knowing that their daughter in law and grand children were safe.

"Bhai ko patta chalega tho bahut kush hojayenge vo."Aryan said with teary eyes, while vidushi who was unaware of the happenings cursed randhir instead.

"Jo bhi hua hey, vusi ke vajase hua hey. I thought he changed but no,  he can never change.He loves hurting her. I should have never given him a clue about her whereabouts. That's the biggest mistake I ever made." said vidushi with anger filled eyes, thinking about her best friend's situation all these months and from the past three days.

"You don't know everything vidhu. You don't know why he did what he did." Aryan sighed shaking his head while vidushi turned her attention towards him.

"Do you think there can be an explanation for his behaviour.  What don't I know you say ! Why would he ever do that to her? Ignore her again to hurt her?"

" He did it because he is guilty Vidushi. " Mrs. Shekawath said confusing vidushi.

"Guilty?! Guilty for?"

Aryan narrated everything that occured in her absence to vidushi. She clenched her hands in anger and frustration as he narrated her Randhir's point of view. Her face was red, angry she took off to Randhir's room to give him a piece of her mind.

Randhir who was sleeping under the effect of the injection woke up to the sound of vidushi shaking him and shouting at him.

"Sanyu. Meri sanyu theek hey na vidushi? Sanyu ke paas jaana hey. Mujhe meri Sanyu ke paas jaana hey." He repeated the same line again and again. Vidushi's words didn't seem to reach him.He covered his ears as voices started getting thick and loud. He could only hear her. His Sanyu.

"Randhir mujhe bahut dard ho raha hey." The figure said weeping.

"Sanyu, tu darr maat mey aa raha hun. Tujhe kuch nahi hone dunga." Randhir said pulling out the tube attached to his hands.

"Rannu mujhe neend aa raha hey." The figure kept dozing much to Randhir's horror. He got out of his bed and rushed towards her and the figure vanished in thin air.

"Sanyuuu... " He cried falling down on his knees.

"Sanyu tu kaha hey. Mey tujhe phir kabhi ignore nahi karunga.Kabhi hurt nahi karunga." Randhir cried searching her like a maniac while a team of doctor's rushed towards him to inject him. His eyes dropped and he went into a deep slumber as a needle pierced through his skin and he whispered her name. 

Vidushi was shocked to see his state. She did hear about it from Aryan but what she saw was beyond what she heard. It was like he is living in a constant dear of 'Loosing her'

"Mr Shekawath, aapse bahut zaroori baat karni hey. Please come to my cabin. " Randhir's doctor stated.Renuka and Harsh rushed to the doctor's cabin with fear in their eyes.while Aryan and Vidushi stayed outside the cabin.

💮💮💮

At the doctor's cabin

"Mr Shekawath, we conducted certain tests on your son to confirm our doubts and now that the test results are out. I think you should know." The Doctor said confusing the Shekawath Couple.

"Test? But doctor, my son is completely fine. What are you talking about? " Asked a confused harsh.

"That's what you think Mr. Shekawath. But that's not the case here. Your son is not fine sir." The Doctor said while their heartbeats quickened.

"What ..what is wrong with my son doctor? " Harsh asked hesitantly.

"He slipped into the second stage of depression Mr.Shekawath. Looks like his wife's state was a passage and it triggered him starting the second stage."

"Depression. Mera Rannu depression mey hey..?" Renuka Shekawath's voice shook as she took in the new information.

"Yes, According to the reports he might have slipped into a depression some eight months ago." The doctor said confirming her fears. 

'Eight months a ago?A month after Sanyu and Randhir lost their daughter' her mind clicked.

"Can't we cure him doctor?" Harsh asked breaking his wife's trance as she turned her attention towards the doctor.

"First stage could be treated Mr.Shekawath but second stage depression it is only cured in about three on ten cases, which is very rare. He needs to be treated with love and kept away from stress. And for that he needs to be happy. That's the only way to cure him and bring him back to his normal self. He is in a constant fear, something is eating him up from inside and if this continues he can loose his mental balance " The doctor said throwing a bomb on them. A bomb which could blast any minute now.

💮💮💮

○●

** Hey peeps,  I hope you enjoyed reading the chapter. Do vote if you liked the chapter and leave your views in the comment box. Love you all so much. Next update tomorrow itself if I get good response and sorry couldn't update yesterday ..my net pack had expired.

Now about something very important. To all the reader's and writer's out there. We at Saddahaqcontests are hosting many contests for the writer's and reader's can also participant in the contests. There are Saddaahaq  one shot contest, edit and Vm making contest, cover contest , Saddahaq writing contest, and Readers challenge too where reader's get to give a writing challenge to the writer's.  It can be a short story, writing shots,  humor story, chicklet, fanfiction etc.. There will be a deadline for all the contests according to the challenge. We also have 3 fun books.. Chit chat, Rapid Fire and Fun corner. Do follow to get further updates on the contest.The information about the book is given already in the first part which was updated yesterday. Stay tuned for the Contests.Information on Rules and Prize will be up soon with the first challenge by your host admins.

Do let me know what you feel about the story. Words - 1322 **