Chapter 6

Roberts waited for everyone to leave and then he walked up to me and looked me in the eyes. "Are you okay?" he cleaned all the hair off of my face as he took a deep breath. I could feel the sadness and the urge to protect me radiating from him.

"Sir yes sir."

"I am asking you not as a...it's me asking Sammie." He looked at me with vulnerability for a second which is a look I did not really know he had.

"What do you want?" I placed my head in my hands "you kiss me but you're my boss and... I do not know what to do? Just tell me what you want?"

He took a really deep breath "You! Jesus Samantha I want you so bad that I think it actually hurts me how bad I want to be with you. I want to be with you... okay and kiss those beautiful lips of yours.... but that is not a choice because you are one of mine and..."

I pulled him down and kissed him and his surprised state he just stood there. "Why is it so bad?" I kissed him softly again.

"You are one of my own soldiers... if we started this... one of us could get hurt and its unprofessional."

I took a step back "Well then sir it is." I started at his lips because all I wanted to do was bring him in and kiss him again. "If that is all..."

As I turned around to leave he pulled me back by the wrist and kissed me hard then pulled away smilling. "Get out of here maggot."

I ran all the way back to the barracks and stopped short when I saw the guy who called me and orphan standing there with a girl hanging off of his arms.

"Well lookie here we have an orphan here." The girl laughed with him.

Winter knocked him on the floor and the girl spun around but before he could say anything he jumped up and I ran up and stood between them.

"Stop Kevin please let the past go..." I looked at him.

"I will never let that go do you hear me! I will never stop do you understand me..." he walked away looking angry.

Winters turned to me with a surprised look and I just shook my head at her and was glad that she was not the type to push it.