Chapter 14

I stared at the sky and felt disappointed to see that the sky was fast turning gray and clouds with rain were rolling in. I hated that the sky was changing colors because I loved a clear sky and after a day of great sky it was being ruined at the end when I needed it the most.

I looked towards Roberts and felt my breathing become shallow and my eyes got really heavy and I began fighting them knowing that if my eyes won and closed this would be it and I would have to leave Matthew. In the training I had taken both as a civilian and as a soldier they always thought us that we had to keep the victim awake because if they fell asleep they would not wake up. Victim I thought surprised is that what I was a victim now... I guess I was I got shoot and now I was a victim instead of helping one like I would usually do.

I stared at Matty who at this point looked desperate beyond compare and she could see that his pain of not being able to do anything to help her was becoming too much. All I could think was we need backup and we needed the backup now or they would not be able to get out of this ambush they were in for a long while.

I looked at the sky pleading for a miracle to happen and just when I was about to give up I heard a lot more shooting and saw the backup come up and knew this was over I would at least get to say goodbye to him if they hurried.

Matty jumped the gap and landed next to me and pulled me into his lap. "Samantha stay with me!" he brushed the hairs out of my face "Backup is here and we are getting out of here together baby."

"Ma... Ma..." I wanted to desperately let him know that I loved him more than anything in this world.
"Do not talk because you are going to get worse and worse... I just need you to stay with me for a while longer baby the medic is coming and he will help you." He was holding on to me and trying to stop the bleeding. "You are going to be fine... you have to be... we need you baby!"

I stared at his hand holding one of my wounds with the ring that matched mine a gold band with leaves and diamonds the same ring I placed on his ring finger the day we got married and a few tears slipped out and I looked down at my hand and saw my wedding ring that was a gold band with leaves with diamonds all around it, next to it was my engagement ring.

I spat the blood out and stared at Matty "I will always love you more than life itself Matty..." I smiled at him and the blood began pulling again at the base of my throat.

I looked into his eyes and I smiled as I thought back to that day and all the memories that would live in me forever.