20- A surprise move

Chapter 20

We arrived to the bowling center.
When we walked inside, we were surprised to see so many people playing, because last time we were here there were just a one happy family and a small group of grown ups.
Well like they say The More The Merrier.

" Hey guys, you don't mind if I invite my girlfriend here right? " Cris said while putting his shoes on.

" No of course not, that would be
great " I was happy, see now I know that he has a girlfriend.

" Thanks " He said then grabbed his phone and went to the washroom.

" Ella, I want to go to the bathroom so you can go a head and talk with
Rayn " Joy winked at me ,maybe she noticed that I didn't talk to him since we got here or since morning.

Rayn sat on the sofa near the bowling balls so I went and sat next to him.

" Hey " I said feeling gauche.

" Hey " he replied lifting his arm behind my back to put it on the back of the sofa.

I want to tell him that what happened this morning was totally normal - In fact it wasn't normal at all - but I want to talk to him like usual.

" Listen... " we said that at the same time but I want to hear him first .
" you go a head " I told him with a smile.

" Okay listen. So what happened this morning was... Awkward. I know but it wasn't that awkward." he was trying to explain but fails epically.

" oh yeah, totally. Now where is
Joy? " I tried to change the subject.

" and where is Cris? " he asked looking around to see him.

" Rayn" I want to know how did he meet up with Cris. I want to talk with him like I always do.

" Mmm " he replied returning his gaze to look at me.

" Since when do you know Cris?  you never told me "

"Well 4 months ago ,we had biology together and the teacher paired us to do a research and then we became close friends...Umm later that day I knew that Cris is a friend of Max when we met in a cl...in Max's house... so we kinda became best friends. " Rayn said but there's something not right.

" Rayn , look at me and tell me where did you meet ? " I narrowed my eyes knowing that he is hiding something, he is not telling the whole story .

" Well, you see... " he hesitated to answer but I forced him" Rayn you tell me now or I'm gonna scream and trust me I scream so high then yell for help from a stalker " I raised my eyebrows leaving him with just this option.

" You wouldn't dare? " His tone was skeptical like he don't want to believe me but have to.

" Oh trust me I will " I grinned.

" Okay fine, we met that night in a club " he admitted.

" A club, as an alcohol club where you can get really drunk and may or may not get into a fight or have one-night stands ? " I questioned.

" yeah , you know it's not the first time and I've never been drunk.
I used to go back home a lot even with my dad sometimes, but ever since I got here ,I didn't get the chance to go to any clubs and have fun thanks to someone I know " he replied looking  right in the eyes. like he was blaming me for this ...

on second thought, technically... it is my fault.

oops...

" oh so it's my fault now? " I punched his arm denying it with a laugh. He chuckled back.