Meeting my True Father

I woke up, stretching my limbs and yawning. The bed was empty. Guess Trunks woke up early. I went towards the kitchen, but found no one. I went looking for my family but no one else was home. Early start for the day? Meh, I'm hungry. I had breakfast and then walked out of the house. I think I'll go visit Gohan. I haven't seen him in a while. I used Instant Transmission to arrive there faster. Once I arrived at the front door, a man in a green outfit and a helmet opened the door.

"Athena?! Y-You're back to normal!" The man speaks.

"Great Saiyaman?! Why are you here?!" I asked.

"Oh! No it's me! Gohan!" He said startled.

He took off his helmet, revealing his identity. So he's the Great Saiyaman! That's what that voice was! He allowed me inside and we both sat down on the couch.

"You're in a movie that I didn't know. Man, what's with this get-up?" I asked.

"Hehe, long story."

We talked for a while, I explained everything that happened. Videl then walks into the room, phone in hand. She says that it's for Gohan. So I sat on the couch, watching Pan listen to the TV.

"Athena! I'm taking you to Dende's palace." Gohan tells me.

"Why?" I asked.

"You'll know soon." My nephew winks.

I shrugged. The two of us then flew to the Namekian's place. That's strange. Once we landed, I saw everyone gathered around the entrance of the palace. Baba was next to Piccolo and Mr. Popo by the pillars. I looked around me, everyone held either a straight face or a smirk.

"Guys, what's going on here?" I asked.

"Hey don't worry, I'm lost too sis." Said Goku.

"How reassuring..." I muttered.

Bulma covers my brother's eyes, trying to reach them at least while Vegeta slaps his arm over mines. He mutters how ridiculous this is. I'm so confused, what is happening? Everyone's footsteps became distant and then shushed.

"Hey, don't touch me! Where am I?!" I heard.

An unfamiliar voice boomed suddenly. The couple took their hands of our eyes, we ran a bit forward. We faced a tall man with hair very similar to Goku's with a red bandana tied around his forehead. He had a scar on his left cheek and wore Saiyan armor, accompanying that was a Harlow hovering above him. Why does this presence feel, familiar. Wait...my vision. I covered my mouth in utter shock. I slowly walked up to the man, he looked down at me, confused.

"Who are you?! Where am I?!" He asks.

"D-Dad...?" was all I said.

He was startled. He looked at my features, and then faces Goku. I guess I should expect this. He held both of my shoulders tightly, his teeth were tightened together and I could feel that his hands were shaky.

"Kakarot? Maiz? Is it really you?! It's me, Bardock! Your father! Do you remember me?!" Bardock questions.

Maiz? Is that my Saiyan name? I finally know my name! It sounds pretty nice actually. I had my hands rest on his forearms gently and grinned at the shaken man in front of me. I nodded to him, he caught his breath.

"That is Kakarot. My Earth name is Athena, since I never knew my real one. Dad, it's really us." I told him.

"Maiz..." he repeats.

He then seems to be getting some memory. From what he told me, he is able to see parts of the future. Bardock looked at the two of us. He tightened his grip, it didn't hurt at all.

"Did Planet Vegeta get destroyed?! Where's Frieza?!" My dad asks.

"Let me tell you everything! I wasn't here for the first couple years, but I think I have enough information." I said.

When me and my brother explained everything, Vegeta walked up to us. Bardock shook. Oh forgot! Vegeta's a prince! I silently laughed.

"P-Prince Vegeta! Y-You're alive!" Bardock says, shaking and starting to bow down.

"Tch, haven't been called that in a while." Vegeta said.

I laughed louder. I told him how me and Goku reunited and everything. I then get pulled away by the Prince. He takes me a little far from everyone. I questioned him.

"Since we now know your Saiyan name, I will call you Maiz. A true Saiyan will be called by their Saiyan name." Vegeta tells me.

"Oh, you don't have to Vegeta! Athena is fine!" I told him.

"Your father is requesting you, Maiz." he tells me.

I smiled, he smirked. I quickly gave Vegeta a hug and ran to my father. Goku decided to show off our power to him with a spar between each other. Bardock stood there while me and Goku went to our stances. We then started to fight. After a while we both went Super Saiyan. Our father stood there shocked.

"There are way more other forms of this, but we won't be able to teach you. You'll only stay here for about a day." I told him.

"I'm just glad you're alright. When I saw the future and you crashed through a portal, it shook me. Wait, what happened to your other brother, Raditz?" Bardock says.

"Uh, yeah, he's dead." Goku answers.

"Athena!" a voice calls.

I turned around, Trunks and Willow run up to me. Willow looks up at my Saiyan father in confusion. I picked her up and stood next to my husband. I have my whole family together, this is just perfect.

"Dad, this is Trunks. He is my husband and the son of Prince Vegeta. The little girl is our daughter, Willow." I introduced.

"That's my real grandpa?" Willow asks.

I nodded. I put her down as she hugged Bardock. Trunks wraps an arm around my shoulders. I cannot believe I am standing right in front of my true father. Willow then turns to me and hugs my arm.

"Well Athena, Dad, and I are going to get food. See ya!" Goku says.

Goku grabs my wrist and the three of us began to fly. I'm glad to have finally meet you, Bardock.